Sundown Audio

running at 0.5 ohm

scratchy

what if I try and fit the bigger batt in the stock location and chuck the old 45ah out?

You can do that IF and ONLY IF it's a dry cell. Meaning, it won't spill acid all over your trunk or anything like that. If it's a dry cell like an optima or kinetik...sure go ahead.

However, I personally would keep the bigger battery where I need it MOST--for the amps. The 45ah can just be used to start the car  8)

I am running the stock alt, no idea on its rating though.

We run 4 runs in db drag here. 3 with the car of and one with the car running(2000rpm)

So i need the second battery for the first 3 runs and not so much for the last run?

I have no idea what too do  :'(

Yes, the more you play music while the car is off (especially at high volumes), the more battery power you need. The more battery power you have the longer it will take to drop the voltage (~12.5 V) of the batteries-simply because you have MORE available current.

Rule of thumb: One battery for every 500 Watts RMS of amplifier power.

then steve would need 40 batteries?
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

We run 4 runs in db drag here. 3 with the car of and one with the car running(2000rpm)

So i need the second battery for the first 3 runs and not so much for the last run?

Yes, the more you play music while the car is off (especially at high volumes), the more battery power you need. The more battery power you have the longer it will take to drop the voltage (~12.5 V) of the batteries-simply because you have MORE available current.

I think he's talking about running with the car off (hopefully).

I was talking about with the car off. IF you are going to have the car on, then the alt. does most of the work and will only need the batteries to suppliment it.

Archived