Sundown Audio

running at 0.5 ohm

scratchy

hi guys, ive got a solar audio 1500d(1550 rms at 12.4v  :^) nice little amp.

I spoke too the designer of the amp and he told me that the amp CAN handle SHORT burps at 0.5 ohm as the amp was designed with spl comps in mind.

Now,when I burp(currentlly subs running of 1 ohm) voltage drops too 7-8 with the car off, now...when I connect my shit up too 0.5 ohms, would the amp be in danger if burping at 0.5 ohm and dropping that much voltage?

Thanx

Scratchinator

[move] :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[[/move]

then im rambo bitch

7-8 volts is really low to be burping the system. You run the risk of blowing the amp at any ohm load on that power. Get it up to holding at 12v on a burp then lower the ohm load.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

if you took your car to hyundai, and they saw a stereo installed that will void it anyway.

put a batt and an alt on it. and start livin'!!!!!!!

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

if you took your car to hyundai, and they saw a stereo installed that will void it anyway.

put a batt and an alt on it. and start livin'!!!!!!!

Agreed, what keeps you form taking it ou some warranty time lol, we did it on the GF's Kia, they wouldnt warranty it with rims on it, so i just changed the wheels back to stock when she went and got it serviced.

ive been running it like that in comps for 2 years  :D  :D

The thing is, Ive tried too change the batt, that would only void the warranty on the battery itself, which isnt a problem seeing as If changed it anyway. The problem is that the biggest I can fit without cutting the battary bay is a 45ah(which is what I got now(way better than the 25 that was in there  :D )

So thats my problem, I would buy a bigger batt anyday, Its just that I cant cut the battary bay.

then im rambo bitch

Archived