Mechman Alternators

Ford Expedition 5.4

Actually, leaving a voice mail with your phone number is the best way if you can not reach anyone. Also, we respond to e-mails all day long as well as after hours when we are working overtime: [email protected]

We only have 3 sales people, and if all the lines are busy, it will automatically prompt you to leave a voicemail. We WILL call you back if you leave a message, don't forget to say your phone number slowly and clearly, otherwise we can't call you back!! It's not that we are ignoring you, it's just that we are super busy most of the time.

I have a question. I have a 96 crown vic and I'm currently running the 270a 6G alternator. Alternator is in stock location with stock belt. I do know that there's not a lot belt wrap around the alternator pulley itself. My voltage does down to 11.95. 4k on bass 1.7k on mids. 2 runs 0ga power, both kinetiks 2400's individual frame grounds. Alternators has frame ground and front battery. So I'm wondering would a adjustable voltage module do any justice. Or because I don't have much belt wrap its still gone be a issue. Or possibly could this idler help thanks.

HU: Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

Front Stage: 6 Kicker KS60's-2 Kicker KS6x8's

Back Stage: 6 Kicker KS60's-2 Kicker KS6x9's

Blowthru: 6 Pyle Pro audio 8's, 2 Pyle Pro

Audio 6.5's, 4 Selenium super tweeters

Amps: 2 Kicker ZX1500.1's 2 Kicker ZX850.2's

2 Kicker SX900.2's

Subs 4 DC Soundlab Level 4 12's D1's

Alt: Mechman 270xp 6G

Batterys:Diehard Platinum, 2 Kinetik HC2400's

2 Runs of Stinger HPM 0ga

DC Audio build. Middle of page 4...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/130652-96-crown-vic-system-upgrade-4-dc-audio-lvl-4-12s-more-to-come/page-4

Blowthrough build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/189217-crown-vic-project-blowthrough/

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question. I have a 96 crown vic and I'm currently running the 270a 6G alternator. Alternator is in stock location with stock belt. I do know that there's not a lot belt wrap around the alternator pulley itself. My voltage does down to 11.95. 4k on bass 1.7k on mids. 2 runs 0ga power, both kinetiks 2400's individual frame grounds. Alternators has frame ground and front battery. So I'm wondering would a adjustable voltage module do any justice. Or because I don't have much belt wrap its still gone be a issue. Or possibly could this idler help thanks.

It depends on when the voltage drop occurs. If that occurs at idle with 5,700 watts RMS blaring, that would be normal. The 165 amps at idle that unit makes at idle is not going to support 450 amps worth of amplifier draw. Even going down the road, your voltage will always fall at full tilt, as you are drawing nearly double the peak power that the alternator can produce.

Also, you can examine the front of the alternator and see if there is a lot of black powdery residue building up on the front of the alternator. That would be an indicator of belt slip.