Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Can someone design this?


ChrisB4

Recommended Posts

Posted

Can someone design me a subwoofer box? I am getting my subwoofers rebuilt from 700 watts rms to 1000. My subs are 2 12'' D4 Mmats professional audio pro cast series, my max dimensions are 19h x 37w x 20d ported and tuned to 32hz. I will be using a hifonics brutus 2400.1d,my car is a 1999 saab 9-5 sedan, I listen toall kinds of musicbut mainly rap and pop music. The recommended enclosure sheet for my subwoofers say for vented enclosure (net volume) recomends 2.0 cu ft with a port of 20'' sq in. x 15''L and max of 2.5 cu ft with a port of 25''sq in. x 15''L. I would like the subwoofers to be off to one side and the port on the other, I do plan on sealing the box off from the trunk as well if that helps.

Thank you to every takes the time to do this for me.

Posted

Can someone design me a subwoofer box? I am getting my subwoofers rebuilt from 700 watts rms to 1000. My subs are 2 12'' D4 Mmats professional audio pro cast series, my max dimensions are 19h x 37w x 20d ported and tuned to 32hz. I will be using a hifonics brutus 2400.1d,my car is a 1999 saab 9-5 sedan, I listen toall kinds of musicbut mainly rap and pop music. The recommended enclosure sheet for my subwoofers say for vented enclosure (net volume) recomends 2.0 cu ft with a port of 20'' sq in. x 15''L and max of 2.5 cu ft with a port of 25''sq in. x 15''L. I would like the subwoofers to be off to one side and the port on the other, I do plan on sealing the box off from the trunk as well if that helps.

Thank you to every takes the time to do this for me.

So here is a suggestion:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32 Hz

Vb = 4 ft^3

External Height = 16 in

External Width = 33.5 in

External Depth = 21.375 in

Port Width = 3 3/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2x Front = 14 7/8 x 14 1/2

Back = 33 1/2 x 14 1/2

Left & Right Sides: 19 7/8 x 14 1/2

Top & Bottom = 33 1/2 x 21 3/8

Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:

2 x Front to Back = 18 x 14 1/2

2 x Extension = 5 7/16 x 14 1/2

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

tportsingle.jpg

A few notes:

- 45s if you want to do them are 2 1/2" except the ones inside the port, let me know if you want to do those.

- All trunk boxes built outside the car need to fit in their way in not just have the right dimensions.

- The port needs 3 3/4" of free airspace in front of if for proper operation.

Posted

Okay thanks but if I were to move the subwoofers to one side and the port to the other, bring the height and width down by about 1/2 an inch to 1 inch how much will it effect the box?

Posted

Okay thanks but if I were to move the subwoofers to one side and the port to the other, bring the height and width down by about 1/2 an inch to 1 inch how much will it effect the box?

It's a different design so I would need to recalculate it, the box would need to be a little deeper to compensate for the changes, the port in the middle has many advantages over the side port IMO unless you want to compete, but you just let me know how you want it and I will change it.

Posted

No i'm not going to compete just want to be loud get to the 145 range and do hair tricks, the only reason I wanted the port off to one side is because I want to seal the box off from the trunk, and on a lot of the setups that I see that are sealed off the port is off to one side. But if the port in the middle will sound better than off to the side than I will take that. As for the size can you bring the width down to 34 inches. I measured the opening of my trunk and from the bottom were the trunk latch is to the top just under the rear window is 19.25 inches so I will just be able to slide it in as for the depth you can bring that up to a max of 23 1/2 inches.

Posted

Ok changed dimensions, let me know further changes, bear in mind that your port need to have 3 3/4" unobstructed airspace in front of it and also keep making sure you can still build outside.

Posted

Thanks joe, two questions, what is the length of the port, I know the width but need the length because it looks like I need to cut the port out of the 2 front battles. Also I see there are two sheets of wood for the front baffle is it possible to do the flush mount for the subwoofers or would that diminish the strength on the front of the box?

Also yes I would like to do the 45s in the port.

Posted

The center line physical port length (end to end) is 27 3/4" but that is a design parameter not a building parameter, the two parts that need to be cut to create the port are shown above, here are re-listed:

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 15 3/4 x 14 1/2

Extension = 6 x 14 1/2

Just need to be mounted as shown in the pic.

Posted

It is easier to produce a strong double baffle without the flush mount, Also I will update the pic with some bracing and give you specs on the 45s but first make sure you don't want any other changes to the box dimensions/specs.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3164 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...