Decaf's boomin beats - not the best quality???

settle down boys

If the original track is pushed to Max, Red, Hot, Clipped, Fresh, At or Beyond 0dB (whatever you want to call it) there can be distortion the will never be removed by simply normalizing or amplitude reduction.

A perfect song to mess with if you think you can fix a horrendous clipped kick drum, try to fix Gucci Mane - Swing My Door

No matter what you do, it will still sound terrible, because even if you remove the original bassline and impart your own, there will still be remnants of the original mixing

Nothing to argue about, just misuse or terminology. You can have waverforms that are not easy for a sub to deal with below 0dB, which is why the red "show clipping" indicator is really just a signal to look further into the reason WHY its red. You would be surprised even a few of the most well known SQ tracks for competition are pushed to "Max" or "Hot"... something to think about

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

^I think one would be Californication from RHCP, I've seen it suggested many times for SQ but that album is one of the worst mastered albums ever. So much distortion from being pushed to the max and I think I read the drums/kicks were recorded mono so thats why they sound really flat.

FWIW though I downloaded the pre-master/different master version in FLAC and its sound a whole lot better. I still agree with others there should be a petition to have it remastered, or better yet RHCP should re-record the fucking album.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

I've suggested that as a good example of a Rock album with HEAVY distortion/clipping.

Do i still play it, but 4-5clicks below full tilt? yes... because the distortion only becomes easily noticeable once the volume gets to a certain point, obviously dependent on the amount of distortion, but you get the point.

Same concept can be applied to any song that you think is clipped, just listen to it at a lower volume and its all gravy, we arent suppose to be afraid of music, just be cautious and know your systems limits

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Have you heard the other version in FLAC? It's not really a pre-master but more of a different mastered version that was shopped to the label. Sounds a hell of a lot better distortion wise, no more static and crap though drums still flat but nothing terrible

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Have you heard the other version in FLAC? It's not really a pre-master but more of a different mastered version that was shopped to the label. Sounds a hell of a lot better distortion wise, no more static and crap though drums still flat but nothing terrible

I ripped mine from the CD, but @320 not lossless... regardless the compression won't destroy a song as bad as they are, lol

FLAC Me via PM

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

my only complaint is the tracks that fade in

i dont wanna wait til :45 to be at full volume!

i would love 2 see some 80's rock boosted

i dont have much for my demo's 4 the middle aged

I like the fade in.. shocks people when it fully kicks in lol

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

agreed. gets people every time.

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

agreed. gets people every time.

i wish i had a video but i was giving a guy at work a demo (he's like 40ish and listens to classic rock and goes to concerts and shit)

but gorilla zoe money man got him pretty good... the bass was like kinda their to make him bob his head and say "damn that sounds nice" then once it fully kicked in he jumped like 2 feet lmfao

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Archived