Compustar remote starts...any good?

One of dad's friends at work used to install alarms, and has offered to install a remote start for me for (mostly) when I need to get up and go to the station...are their remote starts any good vs. the likes of Viper and Python remote starts? I'll be at max 150-200ft from my truck when I get it up.

POTATO!

• 2 weeks later...

It's not far down the page, but I'd like a courtesy bump. Still haven't had it installed yet, but I don't know if I should skip out and just get one from Viper or if this will do...

POTATO!

yes its a top tier unit.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I bought a http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_41391_Compustar-1WAM-S.html

Works fine. I installed it myself. I may have done something wrong but once in a while if you have started the car with the remote starter, and you are cruising around it will shut the car off. It's possible i just didn't put the key all the way to the "ON" position.

Reason I was asking is when he told me they were made by Scosche (sp) as the parent company, that kind of made me a bit leery, lol. I'm not sure which model he exactly has but I'll find out for sure tonight. Our captain on the FD has a Viper alarm/remote start and he loves it.

POTATO!

Had a compustar remote start/alarm on my jeep. Didn't work half the time; had the alarm shop I bought it from install it. Maybe just my luck?

I wouldn't recommend it at all.

If the unit wasn't installed properly, any unit will seem like garbage lol. In the 13 years I have been installing, the only ones I can say I have had repeat issues with where the unit itself was the issue are any of the ones you can buy at the autoparts stores/walmart(Bulldog), and Autopage.

MotoCARR

MECP Advanced

Need wiresheets for your car? Let me know!

Authorized DEI & Omega Remote Start/Security Dealer

Top tier for sure.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Top tier for sure.

I thought you were dead. I was about to start a topic a few days ago that was asking where the Eff you've been. Maybe you've been way busy or I've missed comments you've made recently. Good to see you're still kickin :)

*Edit- OP, sorry for mini thread jack :(

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Top tier for sure.

I thought you were dead. I was about to start a topic a few days ago that was asking where the Eff you've been. Maybe you've been way busy or I've missed comments you've made recently. Good to see you're still kickin :)

*Edit- OP, sorry for mini thread jack :(

I was starting to get worried too. No big deal :lol: I'll give it a go I guess, it's a Christmas gift...as long as my truck doesn't just lock down and die on me on the way to the station...lol

POTATO!

Archived