Official "What did you do to your ride today" thread

It wasn't my car but my wife's grandma's 2003 toyota sequoia had a broken rear hatch latch. Toyota decided to use a cheap plastic latch and left no other way to open the hatch. So when that piece broke I had to slim jim the hatch open, pull all the interior pieces off to get to the latch mechanism.

I found an all metal latch on amazon instead of an oem plastic one so hopefully I won't have to ever deal with that again.

LOL my moms 00 sienna had a shitty plastic hatch handle too. i ended up having to take off the entire rear panel like you did, to replace it with a metal handle/latch mechanism.

And not only that, once the handle is broken, the only way you can get the spare tire down is with the hatch open :Doh: And usualy the reason the handle breaks is cause the latch is binding up with dust and dirt so slim jiming it is a pain in the ass.

Took my old box out to fix a rattle and one of the handles came off when I was pulling it out. Smashed one corner good :angry22: , five day vacation too make a new one. :OhYeah:

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

And not only that, once the handle is broken, the only way you can get the spare tire down is with the hatch open :Doh: And usualy the reason the handle breaks is cause the latch is binding up with dust and dirt so slim jiming it is a pain in the ass.

x2 again on that spare tire thing lol. the nut is under a little flap of carpet that you lift up. you cant climb over the (folded) rear seats and do it that way? thats how i was able to lower her tire.

Painted my calipers red! Cliche i know but i love the look!!

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

x2 again on that spare tire thing lol. the nut is under a little flap of carpet that you lift up. you cant climb over the (folded) rear seats and do it that way? thats how i was able to lower her tire.

Naw, there is a little access hole just above the bumper to put the tool that lowers the spare tire and the lip of the hatch covers it and you can't get to it from inside the vehicle. It's a real bad design in my opinion.

cut cats off

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

• 2 weeks later...

I did some more detailing on the interior of the Tahoe. Pulled all the seats out and vacuumed everything real good. Cleaned and armor all'ed the trim pieces. I also put leather conditioner on all the seats. All I have left to do is shampoo all the carpets, which will have to wait till I get my carpet cleaner back from some friends.

Archived