i had a stock alarm and replaced it with a clifford and and i love it! the shock sensor is much more sensitive and also gives a few warning chirps. Also my stock alarm did not have a hood or trunk pin sensor, so if you opened my trunk or hood the alarm wouldnt go off.. my clifford does. Also the remote start is a big plus. As far as the install goes, ive installed alarms on quite a few camrys before and they are great learner cars. So if you feel relatively confident i would go for it...there shouldnt be an immobilizer required. Just print out a wiring diagram for your car and then just pair up the wires....pretty simple for the most part....atleast on this car. Ive done some cars in the past that have given me headaches because you have to switch polarities on wires and add resistors and what not, but not for camrys....or most toyotas now that i think about it.

Too Much Stuff to list .

If you already have keyless entry and a factory alarm I wouldn't bother adding a viper alarm. I had a viper alarm in my old truck and it wasn't anything special, only reason I got it was to control after market actuators for the doors and windows, and the remote starter. The alarm itself was really, in my opinion, cheaply made and not worth the money. You can easily disable them, which I ended up having to do several times because of the very short battery life of the remotes. Viper alarms are highly over rated, but if you still want one you can buy them for under $100 on amazon... they have just about any model you could want, at cost.

i would have to say otherwise, ive had great experience with any alarms made by directed, and why would you need to disable the alarm if the remote battery died...thats what the valet switch is for. The alarm is only as good as the install, if you can easily disable your alarm, the install was clearly not very well done. Also the remote will tell you when its running out of battery, it will have extended beeps and if you have the models with the lcd screen, it has a battery meter.

Too Much Stuff to list .