So, if I already have a stock car Alarm for my 1999 Camry, is it worth it to upgrade to a better alarm or what?

If I upgrade to say a "Viper", how does this prevent my $3,000 system to be stolen (haven't bought the system yet).

If I am the kind of guy that goes to school full time and I spend most of my time in the school buildings, will these upgraded car alarms protect my system from being jacked?

How much of an improvement is it say if my car is being broken into with a stock alarm going off vs a Viper Alarm going off?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

alarms are just like locks. they only keep the honest people out, and are just a deterant for most small time thieves. But if someone really wants it bad enough, theyre gonna get it! Look at Steves Civic. The starter disable will help from the vehicle getting stolen, but like I said b4 if they want it bad enough they will get it.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Im not saying to not do it, if its in your budget by all means do it. they have plenty more features than a stock "alarm" which is nothing more than keyless entry with a panic button IMO. They dont have the shock sensors nor can they be upgraded with the proximity sensors, or glass break sensors........ etc etc etc.....

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Hmm. How loud do these alarms go off?

Are there anything out there that will go as loud as a cop siren? lol.

Of course, I'd like to have it to only go off that loud when glass is broken or doors open when it shouldn't be open

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

I haven't done research on how to replace stock alarm with aftermaket yet, but I've heard the instructions for installing one of those Viper brand is pretty tricky.

If I do decide to replace my alarm after I attempt to upgrade my system, should I just bring it to circuit city or best buy to have the alarm installed?

How much exactly would I need to spend for the install to be done? +$100?