Lights Dimming?? Ford Diesel on 2400 watts

I have an 05 Powerstroke also, the stock alternator is barely enough for the truck if I remember right it's like 110 amp? I drop to 12.5 on 1000 watt amp, my first audio upgrade will be big three and then the alt. but that's after I get it running right lol

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

if sub amp can take 1/0 ied try that too, can help in some cases cause if the sub amps trying to pull to much power it will over drive the mids n highs amp, i think ive done it to mine a time or 2 till i put my second battery in, like when at "full tilt" the mids n highs amp cuts out with heavy bass, no problem now

ya, need to re adjust everything, and make sure bass boost turned up on amp, its better to give more gain than boost if needed, i need to re adjust my amp also, on rap its loud, on country n rock can hardly hear subs

where are you located to better help us to see if someone is nere by that might help a fellow basshead in need

Pretend you never read this guys post..

whats wrong with it? it was an experence i went through with this same problem and i fixed it, how is it bad info?

tell me a 1000w amp wont pull more current than a 400w amp? and with a stock alt and 1 battery with 4guage going to the 1000w amp wont pull current away from the smaller amp, i know it for a fact, need more current to the sub amp

my lights dimmed with big 3 with just 1000wrms and 4guage befor i switched it back to 1/0, the reason for voltage drop is prolly due to to small of power wire, or thats how i fixed mine

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

So pretty much every1 is in agreement on the biggest wire you can use to power an amp the better??? If it does not except 0 gauge what is bettr an has less resisstance, cutting the strands down or an adapter ??? There are times too where it does sound as if the subs were drowning out the highs but then again the gains are all fuggd up i believe, ill try to get sum pics up today if the kids dont hound me for opening gifts too much lol

Thanks every1

if sub amp can take 1/0 ied try that too, can help in some cases cause if the sub amps trying to pull to much power it will over drive the mids n highs amp, i think ive done it to mine a time or 2 till i put my second battery in, like when at "full tilt" the mids n highs amp cuts out with heavy bass, no problem now

ya, need to re adjust everything, and make sure bass boost turned up on amp, its better to give more gain than boost if needed, i need to re adjust my amp also, on rap its loud, on country n rock can hardly hear subs

where are you located to better help us to see if someone is nere by that might help a fellow basshead in need

whats wrong with it? it was an experence i went through with this same problem and i fixed it, how is it bad info?

tell me a 1000w amp wont pull more current than a 400w amp? and with a stock alt and 1 battery with 4guage going to the 1000w amp wont pull current away from the smaller amp, i know it for a fact, need more current to the sub amp

my lights dimmed with big 3 with just 1000wrms and 4guage befor i switched it back to 1/0, the reason for voltage drop is prolly due to to small of power wire, or thats how i fixed mine

Your lights will dim if there is any change in voltage at all. Also you stated he should turn the bass boost up on the amp...that's bad info. And the gain isn't a power knob or a volume knob...it's there to match the input voltage coming from the deck and that's it. If you set it too high, then it will clip the signal and will eventually damage the subs.

On the Ti1500.1 as you can see the bass boost was at pretty much at Max, prolly at 85/90%, at that level shouldnt that amp be gettn warm to hott??? It usually stay cold and takes about 30min to an hr of thumpin at a decent level b4 it gets hott??? Also the Hertz amp is temporary because they claimed it was his amp that was toasting his Tweets, the tweets have caps on them too, while turned on at the shop the right side lasted about ten minutes an whomp whomp whoooaaayyy, right side toast again

Lemme kno what you guys think thanks

Your lights will dim if there is any change in voltage at all. Also you stated he should turn the bass boost up on the amp...that's bad info. And the gain isn't a power knob or a volume knob...it's there to match the input voltage coming from the deck and that's it. If you set it too high, then it will clip the signal and will eventually damage the subs.

i ment to say no bass boost, i dont use any bass boost on my amp, and at full tilt voltage drop never went below 13.4v, and i know the gain is not a volume knob, but if he doesn't have any way of checking for input voltage, how is he to adjust it?

i have never blown anything up, subs or amp with adjusting gain by ear, when i see voltage drop i back off of gain and thats how its set, i know it aint the perfect way to do it but its always been how i did it and have yet to have any problems with anything in over 10years

im not ranting, i just didn't reread what i posted, thankx for pointing out the miss read stuff for me

and to Hellskustumz , the tweeter problem can be to clipping or over powering the tweets, i have had this problem with cheaper tweets with built in caps, the caps would blow and bye bye tweet lol, are his tweets hertz? and if so they should have a inline cross over, if there going off the amp without one then thats why its blowing them unless its wired active, but thats another topic

and for sub amp voltage issues, do you have a digital multimeter? i would unhook the subs and check each sub wire to see what ohm load the amp is at, i dunno but i think they make a idmaxx in dual 2ohm and his amp might be at .5ohm and that could be your problem right there, these are dual 2ohm http://www.woofersetc.com/p-5030-idmax10crd2-image-dynamics-chrome-series-10-dual-2-ohm-subwoofer.aspx

maby thats where the voltage drop is coming from, is this his amp? http://www.phoenixgold.com/products/amplifiers/Ti/product.php?productID=8

i would check with a multi meter to see the resting ohm load to see if its below 1ohm, and if it is there is a thread on here on how to wire it, or you can google 2ohm subwoofer wireing if that is the case

but this might help a little bit

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

and on the pic of the hdp4 thing, if channel a goes to tweets it needs to be set to hp, not lo, or is its backwards the tweets need to be on channel a with the x10 multiplier set to hp, and subs on other channel, or maby thats for the midbass speakers?

i would have a good shop look at this setup cause it might need a good once over, and some tweeking that is harder to type out how to fix than to acually fix

ray on here has a shop called audio inovations but i dunno where its acually located, think fresno

hope u get it figured out man

Archived