Lights Dimming?? Ford Diesel on 2400 watts

So heres the problem with my bro in law's truck

Its a F250 diesel 07

HU is Sony xav-72bt

He has phoenix gold Ti1500.1 goin to 2 10" id maxx's this amp stays cold

Ti800.4 running his hertz speakers and 2 PGold shallow mount subs in the rear this amp gets Fn hott

He has 2 Kinetik's HC2000 up front

Wire ran to amps is 4 gauge with 100a fuse

Stock alt

Resting voltage is sits at 13.5

When bumping A good bump song his volts drop too low 11's even 10.9 lowest it went once

When cruising at night the lights Dim pretty good

What should his resting voltage be at and it shouldnt drop below 12's right

I tell him he should do the Big 3 which i think he will soon hopfully after ppl post on her

With his set up should his lights even be Dimming?? Or is it mainly do to the stock wiring not being able to feed the proper juice? Or are the fuses for the amps not correctly rated??

Or what else are we missing here????

Any input greatly appreciated thanks alot

Well we took the truk to the shop today an they said its prolly the amp so switched it out to a Hertz 4 channel amp until they get a new Ti800.4, bkuss he's blown his 2nd set of hertz tweeters???? He's had very bad luck at this shop an blown many shallow subs in the rear but they say hes turnin it to loud, but were only listening to it at 18/22 max and it goes to 50 maxx volume i believe, so i am thinking these guys dont kno how to set the amp gains themselves, so tomorrow were guna read up n try setting gains ourselves bkus the shop he goes to has been ruff, any good reads were i can learn more about tuning an amp would be appreciated , also he IDmaxx's sound like theyre making a knocking noise now ??? Ill try to post pics of what they have it at B4 we do it tommorw if its not raining too bad, and of wat the head units at so if you see any problems with how its set up let us know , Thanks for your input guys

clipping destroys speakers the majority of the time. this is caused by improperly tuned amps/headunit.

low voltage makes amps output even less power, which leads to clipping even earlier.

i hope to god you dont have bass boost on, or "loud", or some other stupid EQ on the headunit like "strong" or "feel". everything should be at 0 or flat.

im willing to bet too that the amps gain knobs are set at practically max.

just take everything out and get someone that knows what they are doing to re-install everything.

2000 Dodge Durango

Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's

Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port

Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm

Mids + Highs - PRV Audio

Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4

Headunit - Alpine CDE-100

Equalizer - Clarion EQS746

Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah

Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0

Alternator - Singer 250A

147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash

147.47 dB @ 35hz - music - sealed on dash

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/321slapinBass/videos

SKAR_468x60.jpgDD-1.jpg

On the HU they have i believe 3 things set at max, ill put the pics of what everything is set at , its set in the custom tuning on the HU, seems like everytime he takes it there nothing gets done or another problems arises, i guess it shows since they laughed at mentioning the Big 3 to them lol, well thanks for the comments an well keep you posted thanks

Yea sounds like you should find another shop to help you out. Or even better see if someone on here that has a dd-1 and knows what they are doing can help you out. I'd be willing to bet the settings are cranked like Kranny said.

if sub amp can take 1/0 ied try that too, can help in some cases cause if the sub amps trying to pull to much power it will over drive the mids n highs amp, i think ive done it to mine a time or 2 till i put my second battery in, like when at "full tilt" the mids n highs amp cuts out with heavy bass, no problem now

ya, need to re adjust everything, and make sure bass boost turned up on amp, its better to give more gain than boost if needed, i need to re adjust my amp also, on rap its loud, on country n rock can hardly hear subs

where are you located to better help us to see if someone is nere by that might help a fellow basshead in need

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

if sub amp can take 1/0 ied try that too, can help in some cases cause if the sub amps trying to pull to much power it will over drive the mids n highs amp, i think ive done it to mine a time or 2 till i put my second battery in, like when at "full tilt" the mids n highs amp cuts out with heavy bass, no problem now

ya, need to re adjust everything, and make sure bass boost turned up on amp, its better to give more gain than boost if needed, i need to re adjust my amp also, on rap its loud, on country n rock can hardly hear subs

where are you located to better help us to see if someone is nere by that might help a fellow basshead in need

Pretend you never read this guys post..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived