Let's talk about the lesser popular part of the 2nd Amendment.

We no longer have state organized militia. Period. Everything military-esque in our country is ran by the federal government. The meaning of a state run militia, was to have organizations, capable of "kicking ass", not only to defend ourselves from foreign threats, but domestic threats like the monster our federal government has become. Look into what our forefathers ideas for the federal government were, and you will easily see how our federal government has grown into a terrible thing so far removed from what it was originally supposed to be. The reason for no more state level militia is again, another effort by the Feds to remain in complete control of our populace, to force the states to go along with whatever they (the feds) deem as necessary. Without state level controlled militia, the states themselves, and therefore the entire population of the country, have much less of an ability to tell the Feds to fuck off and leave us be.

It all comes down to a power play. The Fed has become an all encompassing war mongering monster that is far removed from what it was meant to be by the founders of the country. The Fed likes it that way and wants to keep it that way. Tell me really, do you think they want gun control to make us all safer? Or to make us all easier to control?

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

There is some accurate info in this thread, but it appears some of you arent operating on the whole story. Look at what wasmeant to be by our founding fathers. Not what it has become. George, and Thomas, and Ben are rolling in their graves right now when they see the sad state of our country, that is truly no longer as free as some think it is. The federal government has time and time again walked right past what its boundries were originally set to be, and now it has become a tyrannical, nearly unstoppable force.

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

The national guard was enacted to be the stay at home fighting force in the event that our "professional" military was engaged in a foreign conflict. They are Citizen Soldiers who lead regular lives. Save for a few who are deployed to offset the short dwell times we in the active military were facing and some who are Active Guard Reserve they pretty much fit the definition of a "Well Trained Militia"

States call up their Guard troops in times of emergency.

You should do some research into what the Guard is for, the Governor of the state is the authority to call them up unless their is a national emergency of if martial law is declared.

I'm not arguing for the sake of it. I know this shit back and forth...

taken from http://www.ng.mil/About/default.aspx

The National Guard, the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States and one of the nation's longest-enduring institutions, celebrated its 370th birthday on December 13, 2006. The National Guard traces its history back to the earliest English colonies in North America. Responsible for their own defense, the colonists drew on English military tradition and organized their able-bodied male citizens into militias.

The colonial militias protected their fellow citizens from Indian attack, foreign invaders, and later helped to win the Revolutionary War. Following independence, the authors of the Constitution empowered Congress to "provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the militia." However, recognizing the militia's state role, the Founding Fathers reserved the appointment of officers and training of the militia to the states. Today's National Guard still remains a dual state-Federal force.

I know the information you are sharing, nor am I arguing with that. But lets not forget the whole "National" part of it. Indeed the Governor can act as commander in chief, unless of course the POTUS decides to claim control.

"A recent law, the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act of 2007, expanded the president’s authority to activate guard units, eliminating the need for approval from the state governor."

What we need more of is something along these lines:

"...Some states also maintain a state defense force. These forces are more like militias – all of the troops are volunteers, they receive no federal funding and often have to purchase their own uniforms and equipment. A state defense force is separate from the state National Guard, though they -may- be organized in parallel. Technically, the president has the authority to call on these state militias when needed, but in practical terms, state defense forces are largely immune to federal activation."

This^^ is more along the true meaning of what a militia is and should be... Where in actually, the National Guard, is more or less funded and ran on a more federal level. Regardless of the appearance of control the Governor has. If shit were to hit fan, and they were to, lets just pick "take away our guns" the National Guard boys are going to be the first ones ordered by who? The -President- to come take away our shit. No bueno.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Okay Bobby while I respect your opinion I must say I think you really need to read a whole lot more because your Historical and Political views are for lack of a better word, asinine. First off just as we help others in need, we were helped with OUR INDEPENDENCE at one time (I would quote the bible at this point but then this will escalate into a war of religion). Criminals take advantage of people with our without guns they're criminals if they want it they will take it gun or not. Your mind state on guns is the reason the Stand Your Ground law is so misused in Florida. On top of everything else you're over simplifying the thought of dissolving our military not to mention the benefits the military itself has on people including a lot of the members here. For a lot of people it is a chance at a better future and a chance to go to school. If you want to weigh pros and cons please have a better argument than what I just read. I am at work so I am unable to type out long responses but there is so much more I have to say on the thought of gun laws, our military and the federal government.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived