Sonic Electronix

help, my sub plays after i turn off my car

Is it just the sub or does everything stay on

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

I think its probably just the amp powering down. If all else fails get a kill switch

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

i think its the hi/lo converter.

if you want the amp to turn off when you turn the car off, you have to wire the remote wire to a switched ignition source somewhere in your car.

where is the remote wire located right now?

Its the auto sense in the hi/low converter

It turns off eventually right?

Yeah bro, I wouldn't sweat it. It's doing exactly what it is designed to do

If you want the amp to turn off immediately, wire a remote wire to your ignition or 12v outlet or something ;)

We bought my wife a brand new Phoenix Gold amp. Forgot te model, but it would do the same thing except wouldn't shut off. We checked the wires about 100 times. Took it to multiple shops and couldn't ever figure it out. We riged a toggle to the remote wire. It did that in two seperate cars, different decks too. Finally ditched it and got her a DC 1.2k

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

Archived