Airborne Posted June 30, 2013 Report Posted June 30, 2013 I am taking a break from the fucking heat right now!lol I can't stop though, the end is in site.lol
Ryan Brawley Posted July 22, 2013 Author Report Posted July 22, 2013 Got a new little toy on Friday. so I tried a couple different ring ideas and figured out what i wanted. Here is what i got done today. a little gluing action That is what i got done today. Was going to make tweeter pods but it started raining on me. Working outside cause it makes a mess. This is not the finished product. just a start. thanks for checking it out.
Ryan Brawley Posted August 4, 2013 Author Report Posted August 4, 2013 Long day today. Scavenged some pick a parts, fixed the little sisters car, and worked on my a pillars. Went to pick a part to get pillars from a beetle just in case i mess up. here are pictures of my progress today a little pick a part action. My salvaged pillars. I got lucky they had a same year beetle that came in yesterday. Unlucky part was it took me 4 pick a parts to find a beetle. Cutting of the pillars. First ring in for the 4 inch. tweeter mounted time to make number 2 Matching set Outside of the car view Now i just need to wrap and fiberglass. Glad my buddy came over for the extra hand today. Been a fun experience so far can wait for these bad boys to be done.
genesis Posted August 4, 2013 Report Posted August 4, 2013 the plastic flowers gotta go, lol. otger than that, your cars lookin good!
notorious97200 Posted August 4, 2013 Report Posted August 4, 2013 Nice work Tuned in for sure ! black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
Ryan Brawley Posted August 4, 2013 Author Report Posted August 4, 2013 the plastic flowers gotta go, lol. otger than that, your cars lookin good! I think I am going to put the mic for my radio where the vase is. Nice hole there for it already
Ryan Brawley Posted August 4, 2013 Author Report Posted August 4, 2013 Nice work Tuned in for sure ! Thanks first time ever doing this.
Ryan Brawley Posted August 6, 2013 Author Report Posted August 6, 2013 Got a little work done tonight after working a twelve hour shift. On to the pics Picked me up a new toy. 20 gauge pneumatic stapler. Wrapped the pillars. This was a pain. I used mix of spandex material and cotton. Mixed a batch of resin. I used red pigment in the resin. The resin is a little strong. I have a 3m respirator but i had a lot of fans on so i went with the cheaper mask. Here is the resin on the pillars. That is the progress for now. Need a couple more coats of resin then the fun starts with body filler and sanding. Hope you enjoyed my little update.
FieroGrande Posted August 6, 2013 Report Posted August 6, 2013 This is looking promising. Great equipment
Ryan Brawley Posted August 7, 2013 Author Report Posted August 7, 2013 No pics but I did get another coat of resin on last night. Starting to turn into a nice shell. Hope to have it done by fri with resin then when I get back from out of town Monday I can start the filler on it and give it some good shaping.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.