Second Skin Audio

whats more important box efficiency or cone area?

Fatman489

Actually Kranny

Good sub + good box = :-D output

Bad sub + good box = :) output

Any sub + bad box = **kicks baby in the face** >:-/ output

Hope that helps.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Well you 2 got my point

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I figured it was the most simple way to say a crappy box is just that a crappy box. I have heard the same sub I have in both a self made box using Torres box calculater and a crappy permafrost sealed box with an added port(sold it to the kid with the wanna be loud ported sealed box) and it was horrible sounding but he liked it...

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Well skar subs are out ... personal prefrence I have no experience or knowledge about them other than I dont find them visually satisfying lol ... a single 18 is also out (hight and depth im willing to give up is less than 18 inches so kinda wont fit on the boxes face) multiple sizes seems like it would be too difficult to flow together plus with the quality of subs available these days I see it as an unnecessary complexity ... but it appears box trumps drivers so with that being said I have another hypothetical type question.

Same sub for both examples

Larger than spec box with less power or smaller than spec box with more power ... which would be louder in a perfect world situation?

Lets say 2 DC lvl 4 12s in 2.5 cubes each on 2000 watts total or in 1.0 cubes each on 2000 watts each ... just for example lol first subs I could think of that I remebered box specs and rms on lol

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

That would depend on the car. It would be more about what the car likes.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Well poop ... that doesnt help me none lol .. but thanks for the input fellas

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

Archived