The thing about hcca's is that they are not as sensitive as others on same amount of power, so you have to tickle them a bit more to get them to move. Have you ever heard of box rise? The box is very important and if you or your friends don't know how to use a box building program you definatly need to pay for someone that knows what they are doing. You can't just guess this is how I want box and expect it to be tuned to whatever you think it is. Feel free to continue to cut corners what do we know... this is only a community filled with knowledge if you would take the time to read,read, and read some more your setup could be so much more.

Good luck.

EDIT even if wired to 1ohm at amp after box rise the amp wont be putting out 1ohm rating it will be much less.

Oh no we are going to use a box building program don't worry. I was just giving a rough call on what the box may or may not be. Im not going to half ass anything im not just gonna build something and expect it to work. I have learned alot on this forum and i have alot of ideas going through my head. But on top of that anything else you see cause a big part of this was to get some constructive criticism.

Build Log : http://www.stevemead...ion-hcca-build/

2002 Chevy Blazer

(1) 15" Orion HCCA

(1) Power Acoustic 3500.1

(1) Soundstream 680.4

(4) 6.5" Mb Quart PVL

(4) 1-1/2" PVL Tweets

(2) Soundstream Bullet Tweeters

(Headunit) Kenwood KDC-400 U

And a whole lot of Determination...

so far only thing that I see wrong was the peel and seal. companies like second skin have demonstrated how there deadner isn't "the same as everything else" with data to prove how it works. Summer is rolling around you might be shocked to see all that peel and seal melted off the places you put it because the adhesive quit on you.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

so far only thing that I see wrong was the peel and seal. companies like second skin have demonstrated how there deadner isn't "the same as everything else" with data to prove how it works. Summer is rolling around you might be shocked to see all that peel and seal melted off the places you put it because the adhesive quit on you.

Well it hasn't been a problem in the past. And it definately made a differnce when you knock on the places it was put. That's really the only thing i went the cheaper route on and maybe when i do get some extra money when i get the higher end stuff done i will go back and redo it if it's a problem

2002 Chevy Blazer

(1) 15" Orion HCCA

(1) Soundstream 680.4

(4) 6.5" Mb Quart PVL

(4) 1-1/2" PVL Tweets

Sorry bro i was recomending the bc2k, on sale for about 320 shipped, the 3500 would set your alt on fire lol. And if its not in the budget why spend 400 on an hcca? That woofer has a crazy spider pack and will NEED at least 2k to get some real pressure going. But if it takes whatever your doin to teach you whats up, then thats whats gota happen. we all been there lol. Looking forward to your results.

On 2/27/2013 at 9:21 AM, Swordlordboy1234 said:

Who needs electrical! It's a bc3500... They make power out of hopes and dreams of children

1990 Oldsmobile  Cuttlas Cruiser- New build coming soon!!B47FCE3C-8667-408C-8884-8393C4DAE824-1875-000002C58366462A.jpg

Forgot to add this

http://www.orioncaraudio.com/docs/catalog2013/Orion_MiniCatalogo_For_WEB.pdf

The HCCA coil has been reworked "black series" coming around second part of the year as they are still in production. Their Cobalt line is at the end of january, XTR series in Febuary and the HCCA line a bit after that.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Box from Sonic Electronics. Got my distribution blocks, some speaker wire, and my Power Acoustic 3500.1 For the sub. Last piece I need is the sub itself which shouldnt be too long hopefully.

IMG_0384_zps9524ec33.jpg

got that moose amp lol

I didn't see that before thats funny I would have stuck with MB Quart than over rated power acostik

Alrighty i got the sub purchased. And yeah I'm going to run with the power acoustic for now and upgrade eventually if needed. Like i said this is just my entry system into the stereo game. Also can anyone help me with the box tunning calculator. The numbers up top are just my max demensions i could do not what it will actually be. The ones that are blank are the ones i'm not sure how to calculate any help ASAP would be appreciated. And the wood thicknedd is .75 not 3 haha

Untitled_zpsf3ad3d01.png

2002 Chevy Blazer

(1) 15" Orion HCCA

(1) Soundstream 680.4

(4) 6.5" Mb Quart PVL

(4) 1-1/2" PVL Tweets

so you finally got your orion ordered its on its way?? lol