Jump to content

Tweeters for a tweeter dummy


DR.TINGTING!!!

Recommended Posts

Posted

This is what we installed in a friends truck to help out with sound ... http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3510_Kicker-05KS13.html ... on the A-Pillars ...

Sounded great !!! Awesome Starter Tweeter setup

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

From what I understand, super tweeters are only to FORCE THAT TREBLE into the atmosphere when you have extreme bass that is 150db or close to it. Really it's not even quality it's just high power to help balance the high decibels of bass. I also understand that you can't really have high power and quality. -this is just what I think is going on. Don't take my word on this.

Anyways, I suggest some VIFA's from parts express. They are engineered and made in denmark (not china). I had 3 of the logic's (they were used in home audio speakers) for about $20 for 3 (these were the last of what was left and they had some indents on the dome from incorrect storage)

They sounded GREAT but I did not have a crossover on them (I do now)

I am going to get 2-4 of them eventually. But for now, my stock tweeters are actually quite nice and durable! They get loud and clear 95% of the time (depends on the song)

what wattage do you plan to run the tweeters at? How many ohms as well? do you just want 2 or 4 or what? Typically the modern tweeters are 4 ohm, but some are 8 ohm (mostly in home audio or older ones)

I would try out these 50w rms tweeters first. I don't recommend running them on the head unit. I have never done this myself but I can't see how it would sound good (compared to running my stock tweeters and mids on the head unit, my sony xm-4045 really made them shine, it was like night and day)

http://www.parts-exp...number=264-1028

You will need some space to mount them, however, but these are the best for starting, IMO. They will not require any real thought into the mounting of them. You just cut a hole and screw them in place (for the most part) compared to bare tweeters that you would have to fabricate something for.

I've got a video of these same ones (basically the same)

Here is the page on all vifa tweeters. http://www.parts-exp...25_17?sort=pasc

I can only speak for the silk dome ones, but compared to $60 kicker tweeters, they are far superior and I can't imagine you finding anything better for the price, other than the $100+ infinity tweeters I've seen at a shop near frys

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Posted

im glad i read all this info, i learned a lot. i wanted to add super tweeters but now that i know this i guess ill just stick to regular tweetz.

.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1705 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...