Jump to content

Tweeters for a tweeter dummy


DR.TINGTING!!!

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking to run separate mids and highs for the first time and I'm not really sure of what I'm doing. I've heard of people having issues with their tweeters being too harsh and I'm trying avoid that.

What would be easier for a beginner to not mess up the installation on, super tweeters (specifically the FT-1) or silk domes?

What location is easiest or at least easier to install to and least likely to blast my face on ever high note?

Posted

its all in the tuning and position

i did a pro style setup in one of my mates cars last year

i fitted the supper tweeters into the dash/ replacement of factory 4" (4" tweeters)

and ran 2x 6.5" mids in the door

off a mbq 4x80 amp

he and i were both happy considering the hole set up was around $250

and got super loud

Posted

Your going to have to test what position sounds better for you

Get some tape so you move easily and when you find your ggod spot intall them their

I would suggest at the a pillars pointing inward not towards the seat

Or pointing towards the opposite seat kinda like an x

These are just suggestion

Posted

they are efficient, get loud, and most times a little harsh. you said, you dont want harsh and you dont want to blast your face off with high notes. then why get a supertweeter???

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

Posted

before you have it set in stone where you want to place them hook them up and try a few different locations to see what you like best, after you figure out what YOU like then start adjusting your crossover to see if you need to tone down the tweeter or brighten it a little bit. as long as you have some decent crossovers you can do this fairly simple ..good luck

Posted

General locations for tweeters without a factory location are the door sail panels and A-pillars, most likely you will want to point them off axis to prevent any kind of harshness they may have. I would look a t a good set of components to start off with instead of trying to go pro audio if you have never used separates before so you can get a better feel in where to place them.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1556 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...