Second Skin Audio

Help with a single 12" Enclosure for a SA-12 D2

EricDoody95

Hello, i am new to this website, and i am updating my build in my car. I ordered a SA-12 D2 subwoofer. 600 Watts RMS. I wanted to make/purchase a Custom box, Tuned to 35hz. I dont know anything about the cubic feet and what port size matters, but i really want to learn. I have seen some videos on youtube on the SA-12 with a Custom box really bang. I mean, i know you cant judge the quality of sound but i mean it really shakes the car. So i know a single SA-12 set up right can give me what im looking for, i just need help with the enclosure. I think i am going to run it at 1 Ohm. Any recommendations on what specs i need for the box?

2003 Honda Element

Pioneer DEH-9400BT

Big 3

XS Power D5100

Sky High CCA (2 Runs 1/0 Gauge)

2 XS Power D3100s

1 DC Audio 3.5k @ 1ohm.

2 DC Level 4's w/ XL Softies

Custom Box tuned to 29hz

CT Sounds 125.4

2 Sets of CT sounds Meso Components

*North East Frequencies*

What music interests do you have? Do you like to hit the lows? Also what are the max dimensions the box can be? What vehicle is it going in and what amp is it going to be on?

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

I have about 3 different boxes for an sa12. I have the red one that I built in my truck which is tuned to 32. The carpeted one I had made tuned to 28. And the one that came with the sa tuned to 35. The 32 sounds the best. And I love the look of my red box. I will post a pic later if I can. I know this does not help your question to much. I will sell the box tuned to 35 if you want it. Shipping would probably suck though.

03 Ford f150

2 Sa8 v2s

Ap 1800d...

Stinger 0 Guage

CA Auto/ Electric Big 3

Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker

Soon to come another d680

Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back

Soon to come Pioneers all around

Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp

Kenwood KDC-X896

Memphis Line Driver

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee

If suggestions were given to you for building a box, would you have the tools to do it? Circular Saw, drill, router and so on? Plenty of guys can suggest a box that would be perfect for you. We would need to know what room you have to put this subwoofer box. We would also need to know about vehicle, amp being used etc.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I am runnng a

Crunch P1-2000.1 A/B Class Mono-Block Powerone Amplifier

1 x 500 W @ 4 Ohms, 1 x 1000 W @ 2 Ohms, 1 x 2000 W @ 1 Ohm

I am in a 1997 Ford Taurus LX. it is in the trunk, and i dont think i will be building it completly from scratch, i would like to buy one or somehow get the sound i am looking for without making a hole in my wallet

thanks alot guys!

2003 Honda Element

Pioneer DEH-9400BT

Big 3

XS Power D5100

2 XS Power D3100s

1 DC Audio 3.5k @ 1ohm.

Custom Box tuned to 29hz

CT Sounds 125.4

*North East Frequencies*

and i usualy listen to dubstep, rap and some reggae

2003 Honda Element

Pioneer DEH-9400BT

Big 3

XS Power D5100

2 XS Power D3100s

1 DC Audio 3.5k @ 1ohm.

Custom Box tuned to 29hz

CT Sounds 125.4

*North East Frequencies*

I have no experience with sundown audio subs, but i´ve seen they work awesome on small boxes , i would maybe do something like 1.9 cubic feet and a 6" aero if you ain´t looking for a flat respond, that box on a loudforce 85 series wich is very similar was doing 147.1@ 46 hz in my explorer with similar power, it sounded amazing from 38 hz to about 50 hz, like i said, not a good bandwith but those are the frequencies i like the most, so it worked great for me :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Of my trunk? Trunk Volume (ftі) 15.8

But i like anything around 35hz. Makes me happy haha, but i dont have the tools to make a custom box, is there anywhere i can buy them?

2003 Honda Element

Pioneer DEH-9400BT

Big 3

XS Power D5100

2 XS Power D3100s

1 DC Audio 3.5k @ 1ohm.

Custom Box tuned to 29hz

CT Sounds 125.4

*North East Frequencies*

It might not be worth it for you to but a bunch of stuff. A router is one of the best investments I've ever made. You could get a design, take a cut sheet to lowes or Home Depot and supervise as they make your cuts for you. Then all you'd have to worry about is getting the holes for the subs cut out and assembling the box with glue and screws

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived