07 Fit - New Vid of the AB XFL15 flex on Pg 4

Small update time. I made a bit of progress this weekend. In doing so I decided this is the last box I will build without a router, table saw, and nail gun. Doing it with a drill, jigsaw, and circular saw sucks so much.

box2_zps3479055e.jpg

The start of the box itself, freaking huge...

IMG_6547box3_zps615466ad.jpg

Double layer baffle for the subs. Glued and screwed. Waiting a day for it to dry before I mount it in place.

stuff_zpsa11e0b48.jpg

Got some more goodies for the box today. I guess the price of resin has gone up since I last bought it 10 years ago, or at least I don't remember it being so expensive. So I only got the smaller jug for now. I'll be using the mat pictured on the seams first then depending how much is left I might do some coats in other areas. I got some white paint for inside of the ported section, I've seen some other boxes done like this and like the look. I also got some 3/8" bolts for the port since I want it to be removable. I was going to screw it in but then realized that could be a problem if I need to access or swap the woofers later. Although it will still be hard with only a 13.5" x 13.5" opening but better than 12" x 12" plus the port will obviously not be in the way either.

I also got a can of black plasti dip, didn't plan on it but saw it there and have wanted to try it out. I am going to cover the H logo on the front and rear of the car and see how it turns out. If I like it I plan to do my wheels in the future.

Small update for the day.

4thorderportlayout_zps519360a3.jpg

This is just the layout of the port hole I need to cut, screwdriver for scale.

4thorderbaffle_zps4c610737.jpg

Got a pocket jig today, makes mounting the MDF much simpler and no splitting.

4thorder_zps9c3769c0.jpg

Baffle in and mounted, drill in there for scale. It's a pretty big box, gonna be tough to pick up. Roughly 17 sq/ft before port/woofer/baffle displacement.

That's all for now.

looks great man..big 4th..my next purchase would be subs.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Thanks man, it certainly sucks being on a budget but it's better than nothing.

- Update, I got the port wood cut tonight and was going to keep working on the box but I found an issue with the car. I pulled the rear seats a few weeks ago and thought nothing of the bolt holes since they were pretty high up. Well I guess I should have as they are the only thing I can think of that would cause this, the spare tire well was FULL of water. There was a 1" deep puddle, plus the rear seat area floorboards were wet too.

The carpet was so soaked I got my pants wet just kneeling on it while unbolting the seats. Needless to say those holes are now sealed shut with silicon. That is the only thing I can think of that I changed that could have caused this, hopefully that fixes the problem. I am going to leave the carpet out for a bit to make sure no water returns. I just drove in some mega slushy deep snow this week so I am thinking that is how it happened.

So as of now the car has zero interior. I also lost some of the FatMat deadening I just installed in the tire well since it was soaked. I am not too upset though after reading it's not that great and it was pretty cheap too so not a major hit.

fitnoseats_zpsc1a20d69.jpg

Here it is with the carpet still in and all the deadening ripped out where the puddle was. You can see it is still damp.

fitlake_zps0b2d79ea.jpg

Closeup, again you can see all the moisture still present. Not thrilled with myself but live and learn.

fitnointerior_zpsb573d929.jpg

Look ma - No seats...

fitnointerior2_zpsdb26111f.jpg

Most of the interior ripped out aside from a few panels.

The carpet was filthy anyway, I think I'd vacuumed it like 3 times since owning the car in the past 6 years. So it was probably a good thing I had to pull it.

I am still going to try and finish the box this weekend but this set me back a little.

I was out most of today but still made some progress.

4thorder8_zps1ae3f45e.jpg

Port built.

4thorder7_zps6b7bdd91.jpg

4thorder6_zps1d572167.jpg

Bolted together. It was going to be removable but odds are I'll never swap it. I also decided to not bother glassing the inside of this box. I'll save it for a better project. I just sealed it up with glue/silicon. I doubt the resin/glass would make much difference with these basic woofers. I am already eyeing some bigger subs.

4thorder5_zpsdafb6a92.jpg

4thorder4_zps8b5bbeb6.jpg

Front panel mounted.

4thorder3_zps58ca1266.jpg

6.5" mid for scale. It's a big freakin box for 4 10's.

4thorder2_zps99969b10.jpg

Set the top panel on but didn't mount yet. Just wanted to see how it looked.

4thorder9_zps46f06341.jpg

Didn't feel like ordering copper bolts and waiting for them to arrive so I just did the old fashioned silicon the wires into the box method.

I hope to get the inside area (where you can see in via the port) and the port itself painted tomorrow. As well as the woofers mounted/tested then screw the top on and seal it up. After that we'll see how this warlock sounds.

Got it finished up tonight. I will make sure it sounds decent before taking the time painting or carpeting the outside.

4thorder15_zps9da8ab2a.jpg

2 subs mounted.

4thorder14_zps967cb57d.jpg

4 subs mounted.

4thorder13_zpse3147610.jpg

All set to seal it up.

4thorder12_zpse67a3bce.jpg

Last time I'll see the face of the subs for a while, well unless it sounds like crap but lets hope it gets down.

4thorder11_zps230cb03b.jpg

All sealed up, looking into the port.

4thorder10_zps5fa14943.jpg

The 4th order in all its glory. I still have all the interior out of my car (including the amp) but once the glue is fully dried tomorrow I'll put the amp in and test it out.

Archived