07 Fit - New Vid of the AB XFL15 flex on Pg 4

Hello, thanks for checking out my build. I decided to stick a system in my Honda after years of not having anything but stock audio. I just don't have a lot of funds for high end equipment, so pretty much everything is budget equipment. I don't really have any goal other than to eventually hit 150db for as cheap as possible, we shall see how that turns out. For now I am just enjoying having some tunes again.

Video Added Below --- Post # 3

Honda-Fit-Sport_zpsdc7ac52e-1_zpsafc0442

As of right now I've got the following gear installed. (You can click the links for more pictures)

This puts me at about $300 total audio cost so far. I need to upgrade the sub amp, install an amp on the highs, do the big 3, install the rest of my deadener along with numerous other small projects. I will add some pics to this thread when I do updates. As of now here are some pics of the gear I've already got along with some pics of the box build.

mb-quart-65-door_zpsa980ef65.jpg

MBQ Comps. (tweeter is up high)

fit-deadener-final_zps359353cd-1_zps4409

Some deadener I put on the hatch the other day.

Box Build Pics

box_zpsb896b7d5-1_zpsebcb795b.jpg

box6_zpsd1d54e14.jpg

box8_zps21b14ee4.jpg
box10_zps47924771.jpg

Wish I had a nail gun, drilling and screwing took forever. You can see the 7" brace in the middle of the box.

fit-subs-lanzar-max10d_zpsdbc9201e-1_zps
fit-subs-lanzar-max10d-4_zpsf690ec16-1_z

Don't mine the hideous port, I didn't have any paint handy so I gave it a sharpie treatment for now. I'll be making a proper amp rack once I have a permanent amp. I also need to install a terminal cup for the sub box, but I can't find one I like yet. I may do bolts, not sure.

Any questions let me know.

As of now even with only 400 watts the 4 10's get down, I know they can take a lot more though. I will post a video soon as well.

Not bad if your hatch is roughly the same size as mine, 09 fit I have a nice box design for 2 12s you can use if you want.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

I finally installed the speaker wire bolt connection setup I got when I built the box originally. I didn’t want to bother with a terminal cup because I intend to install 10-12g wire with ring terminals eventually. I just bolted the bare copper down for now. This low power setup wouldn’t benefit much from more anyway. I also cleaned up the amp wiring a little bit, plus it looks much better without the speaker wiring hanging out of the port.

boxbolts_zps21829aef.jpg

Inside the box.

scoschedistributionblock_zpsced1aa9f.jpg

Cleaned up the wiring around the amp. I also utilized both connections on the amp, so two pairs of the thin speaker wire feeds the 4 instead of just one.

fitsystem_zps64c1c48f.jpg

Current shot.

lanzar10sported_zps5979f668.jpg

Thats all for now. More updates soon...

Added some more deadener. Only had enough to do the passenger side wheel well/hatch area.

004_zps6f190e58-1_zpscbbe0253.jpg

Bare - aside from the one lone piece I stuck on before taking this shot.

001_zps7cb8bed1-1_zps28516cab.jpg

011_zps00dcbbce-1_zps76e2cecd.jpg

After a couple sq/ft...

024_zpsac40204f-1_zps1be35b7c.jpg

Finished off the last 10 sq/ft of fatmat I had. Need to order another 50sq/ft or so.

021_zps9551d002-1_zps97985377.jpg

020_zps8f0cbe5f-1_zps9cb85d36.jpg

Thats all for now, more updates soon.

Archived