Changing Cars

I was fixing my wifss car when mine went from a maliboom to a maliblew. anyways i now have her old car nd she got the new ride. (trade off was i could do what ever) so i am looking to remove my old system which cinsist of 2 kicker comp 12's, MA Audio com 1 6 channel amp i know i will have to replace the rest of the mid and highs but i want to keep the subs. i have a box design that is 4.3125 cubes and want to put three kickers in it facong the rear. i was wondering if anybody has any better ideas i want this thing to hurt when you get in it. i would like to get about 144+htz out of a sealed box. if not sealed then what ar the port calcs

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

I was fixing my wifss car when mine went from a maliboom to a maliblew. anyways i now have her old car nd she got the new ride. (trade off was i could do what ever) so i am looking to remove my old system which cinsist of 2 kicker comp 12's, MA Audio com 1 6 channel amp i know i will have to replace the rest of the mid and highs but i want to keep the subs. i have a box design that is 4.3125 cubes and want to put three kickers in it facong the rear. i was wondering if anybody has any better ideas i want this thing to hurt when you get in it. i would like to get about 144+htz out of a sealed box. if not sealed then what ar the port calcs

144htz? Don't you mean dB? If you do actually mean hz then yeah, maybe a sealed box is an ok option, but if you mean dB you're going to need a REALLY good ported box design and a lot more power. To get 144dB took me about 4000wrms and an SPL box that sounded like shit with music - I don't think you're going to get it with a sealed box and a 6 channel amp. Also probably better subs ;/

3 of those subs, sealed, I would say you're looking at mayyyybe 130's score with a burp and might just get into 130's on music. Which is loud, but isn't going 'to hurt when you get in it'. Mind you I don't know how much power you have, so perhaps you won't :P

If you want the most from what you have, make a ported box ~6 cubes, port it at maybe 40-45hz (you won't be able to go low if you want to go loud with this setup) What's the car? Subs up port back is probably a reasonable idea, regardless of whether it's a trunk car or not.

Don't know what you're going to do about amplification. Honestly with 3 subs you're starting to get into the kind of territory where you really need a monoblock. Unless you bridge 2 channels of the amp to each sub, but then I don't know what you'll run your components off.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

My amp is stable at 1ohm and yes I ment db. and I still can run the rest of my mids and highs off of the same amp. This amp has two power supplies one for the four channel and one for the subs. Well I have decided to go with just 2 subs and my enclosure is 3.958cubes minus the subs. Now should I cut the rear deck out and face the subs into the seat so I will have a place to mount my amp on the back of the box (amp is 42" long) or not cut the rear deck and face backeard and mount the amp on the floor. i want to have access to my spare tire and a lil trunk room. This car will also be for getting grocreys. i guess the main question is nonthing more than which way should they fire and should i cut the rear deck out.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

if you want loud do subs back. how big of a car do you have where you have a 4cu^ft box and can still haul groceries. you would probably be luck to hit 130db with comps, especially sealed. my friends didnt get that loud at all.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

My box is 40x18x11 now so thake that and divide it by 1728 gives me 4.583cu^ft. i have them firing up thru a blowthru with my amp mounted on the back. all i habe to do is put two 2" spacers under the back of the box and it will allow me to get to my spare tire. the car in question is a 1994 toyota camry. i have also purchased 2 sets of clif designs 60.4 components. just waiting for them to come in. i will have pics later this week or early next week.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg