Second Skin Audio

SA-8v2 ported box help

hayden55

If you are not very experienced with wood working better not attempt the flush mount, the baffle layers need to be strongly pressed against each other so that any excess glue and air gets out, you accomplish this by clamping or weight, if unsure read around building tips threads on this section and around the internet.

I would further suggest to double check your dimensions fit in the way in and make sure you understand how parts fit together.

yeah i am just asking questions. my dad is the jack of all trades. professional carpenter, plumber, electrician, mechanics, computers. he like to mess with stuff and im pretty much the same way. built some little boxes at home with some leftover speakers laying around, cheapo plywood, pillow fluff, 6 band guitar amp, little speaker amps. sounds decent and i didnt spend anything.

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

• 1 month later...

are you sure about the 8.5" height on the inside l port parts? When i built it, it was more like 8 1/4". Just saying for anyone who sees this thread and wants to build this box

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

are you sure about the 8.5" height on the inside l port parts? When i built it, it was more like 8 1/4". Just saying for anyone who sees this thread and wants to build this box

Yes completely sure, 10 - 2 x 0.75 = 8.5", that is it UNLESS your wood is not exactly 0.75" thick or your other cuts had some issues.

yeah i will re measure when im done sanding and fitting. Pretty amateur cuts done by me and ace hardware place. Note for any beginners building boxes like me, fiberglass resin and paper towels works very well to add material back to any bad cuts or short pieces. Thanks a lot for the box design. It look like my 8 with a 650w rms (clamped) amplifier should do very well together in this box

Archived