Second Skin Audio

help me port my box

dee242

How many cuft is the box you have right now? If you are dead set on porting it then take one sub out, put in a couple 4" aero or maybe one 6". Use the psp calculator

http://www.psp-inc.com/tools.html

tune it to somewhere in the 30's, unless this is for movies then tune around 25 because lots of movies have stuff down in the teens. Your box volume will be a bit big for just one sub, but on low power it will help it be louder.

Or just build a new box.

^^^ Best advice right there!!!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

no, the top is not the same as the bottom on that box, it is about 2.5 ft cubed total without sub displacement. I was thinking "external" port, meaning outside of the box

externalaeroport_zps6e9e6047.jpg

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

cubic feet of box is 4.5 i think i calculated it correctly

How did you come up with that number??

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

he didn't realize the depth is different from the top to the bottom of the box, so it was calculated incorrectly.

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

dont really like the look of the external port could i so something like that but internal and flushly mounted on the box while retaning both of my subs if not can someone desighn me a relatively compact simple ported box

dont really like the look of the external port could i so something like that but internal and flushly mounted on the box while retaning both of my subs if not can someone desighn me a relatively compact simple ported box

No probably not. If you truly want both subs with an internal box then it's time to make a new box. And that's the bottom line cuz Trey_Dog says so

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

I'm at work, i don't have torres here and i ain't doin a bunch of math cause you want to cut holes in a perfectly good carpeted box. That being said,

With an internal aero port or two with around 9sqin of port area/cuft your box volume will probably be close to what one of those 12's need for a ported enclosure. The ports are going to eat up some of the airspace.

Or just build a new box.

Archived