Second Skin Audio

help me port my box

dee242

hey guy incase you did not know i am a complete noob at this stuff but i have a pair of kicker comp vr 12in inside a sealed enclosure with no baffels but when i turn it up allot the bass seems to lose clarity now i know you will lose a bit of clarity with a port but i am willing to sacrifice that so here are the diamentions of my box and excuse my drawing

img0024kdn.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.usimg0025ge.jpg

41774417.png

First off, a ported box requires more volume than a sealed box, so it ill be bigger. The ports have to be a certain size and length to create proper tuning. These are all dependent on the subs used.

Do some reading in the subwoofer/enclosure section here.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

because you have seen somethign it doesnt mean its right. i see hogpog boxes every day IRL and on the forums and just laugh it off. Read about your particular subs and what they want as far as volume and tuning then read about what people are doing with them in REAL LIFE volume and tuning scenarios. READ READ and READ some more. Its not just a cut and dry answer on a RULE for 1 size fits all.

while your statement may be true kicker makes a ported box for the same model subs i have just newer and while i realise manufacture boxes may not be the best but they do make it and i bought my subs used to learn more could you point me in the right direction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KICKER-12-COMP-VR-CVR-DUAL-SUBWOOFER-ENCLOSURE-BOX-DCVR12-CompVR-subs-box-/160812629487?hash=item25712dfdef&item=160812629487&pt=Car_Audio_Video&vxp=mtr

Why are you arguing when asking for help?

Manufactures tend to tune there boxes higher and are usually smaller so that noobs don't blow them.

Look in the sub/box section and download Torres

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Archived