Second Skin Audio

help me port my box

dee242

dont really like the look of the external port could i so something like that but internal and flushly mounted on the box while retaning both of my subs if not can someone desighn me a relatively compact simple ported box

I'm at work, i don't have torres here and i ain't doin a bunch of math cause you want to cut holes in a perfectly good carpeted box. That being said,

With an internal aero port or two with around 9sqin of port area/cuft your box volume will probably be close to what one of those 12's need for a ported enclosure. The ports are going to eat up some of the airspace.

Or just build a new box.

well i can build one at school i prefer not to though i guess you got live to learn kinda suck that if i port my current box ill have to use one sub thought

ok thanks for your help guys but what would be a good design im contemplating buying a box or making one

Build one.

I'm at work as well. Maybe if patient someone will have the time to help you out

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

How tight is tight?

And what do you use your subs for? Music? Home theater?

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

thinking about a use of it in a car at this point is rather pointless. as when you have enough money for a car, you should have the 40ish dollars to make a box for whatever specific car you get. Some random box you made for your room just isn't going to be beneficial in most car environments.

i just dont want the box higher than 15in i just dont want the box much larger than my current boxes size but some one send me a design because i intend to start making this tomorow

Archived