Kev what's up man. I got a 1999 GMC Yukon, which of course has the 350 in it. And was just wondering besides add a turbo or supercharger what do I need to do to add a good number of horses. And to me money's just paper, and paper is just trees, and we have pently of trees in the world. But one thing that I do plan on is to run an old school exhaust. True Duals, no cats, turbo mufflers, 3" pipe, with shorty headers. So I just want some upgrades to go alone with the new exhaust. So holla at me ya'll

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609

I'm feeling ya on the new cam. Change the sound up a bit. Give it that Lil HotRod sound. I got a true dual setup on the Yukon right now: 2 1/4" pipe, stock cats, no mufflers, and stock manifold. It sounds good now, but I designed the Yukon for a older model look, because of the box style. So in turn, I want the deepest sound coming out of them pipes!

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609

When you say a 99..correct me if I'm wrong, but you've got TBI right?  Also, when you say you want a good number of horses...what kind of numbers are you talking about?  Also, is the tranny auto or manual, cause that will be your weak link.

First things first.  Power means nothing if you don't have the fuel/air right.  Do you have any current mods?  Is the truck stock?

Here's where I'd start.  First work on the fueling issue.  Go get you a programmer such as the Superchips, then I'd add a cold air intake, or make my own  :D (note..if you make your own, get your a/f tuned on a dyno)

This will give you a basic understanding of what the motor can do can do without any timing adjustments.  If this doesn't give you what you want.  I'd upgrade the tranny and then move on to replacing the cam with a more aggressive one and then swap the valves and adjust the timing on the fuel pump.   The Cam is about as agressive as you can get without getting really serious in the motor, pistons, turbo/supercharger, bigger TB injectors, adjusting compression...etc.

Give me a background on the truck/tranny and how deep you are wanting to go.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Vortec 350 V8, Fuel Injetsion*, exhaust is the only up grades that I have done. But the exhaust has no mufflers which in turn lowers the backpressure so I lost power, which is why I'm wanting to redo it. Cam Change is a diff. And mite has well redo the heads. And of course a chip. I know about changing the fuel curve, but how do you time it. You the engine man, I'm just the audio man. <---- that's the Yukon I'm speaking of. So lets get her done fellows.

Your not gonna like this question (sorry)

Are dem bigger wheels on the burb?  I ask, cause bigger wheels are bad for HP, cause it lowers your Differential gearing  :-

As far a adding the exhaust, you didn't necessarily lose Hp...you just leaned out the motor cause it breaths better now.  Which is why the programmer is needed.  The ECM can only add X% of fuel and stay with'n its tolerances.  So first steps is to get a programmer and add the fuel back. I'll do some looking to see what kind/model of fuel pump you have, but second, I'd crack the timing on that bad boy and get the rubba burn'n off the tires.

Back to the original question(s)  what kind of numbers is she seeing now and how far do you want to go?  The issues with Gassers, is that usually HP is about $1000 per pony.  That's why I sport diesel.  for a measly $600, I can put 100hp injectors in and roll deep.  ;)

It's still pretty stock, so whatever the block gets stock is the numbers coming out of it. Yeah the big Rims do slow it down. Cause those rims are the heaviest I've ever seen, weight about as much as a semi tire. But I'm not going to be racing in the damn thing so it's all good. But the sound is my most wanted thing anything that would go along with the exhaust, such as new cam, heads, TBS, and new intake, and yeah I was think about making my own intake. Buy a K&N add a Y in it with two head filters, look and sound good. I got about $5000 budget for the engine. Turbo would be nice, but you got to do so much to add one of those things, and then get the timing right. Which is a pain in the ass.

Ok..got some info on the Burb.  First of all, it looks like you have a couple of options..pending on the hassle you want to go through. 

1)  You can convert the TBI to Carb...which gives you sick power...cause you can tune the carb for any number of applications

2)  You can buy some type of programmer...superchips, hypertuner (which I hear sucks)...etc

3)  You can call this guy.  For $250 he can give you a cust tune and tell you what you do and do not want to do  http://www.gowheatley.com/index.html

I called up some buddies of mine and unless you have a fat pocket, they said don't screw with a cam.  Cause if you get a more aggressive Cam, you also have to replace the lifters and the timing chain as well. Then have the entire motor tuned up.  He also stated that, being that the truck is a 99 and not knowing what kind of shape the motor is in (I.e. internals), that you'd be better off either replacing it with a crate motor or rebuilding it from scratch to make sure its in tip top shape.  He is worried about the age and how warn some of the parts could be from age and miles.

Also, keep in mind that the more power you create, the more likely hood of you having to use higher octane fuel...meaning compression of the motor will be vitally important.

Thoughts?

Sounds good brotha, that's probably all I'm going to do to mine, I don't want to go over board with it, I don't ever even see 80mph. Mostly just the sound and the fuel ratio is what I'm looking for.