Sundown Audio

Crescendo BC2000D on 2 Skar VVX-12's, Clipping Problem

ChromeJerome

Checked, but none are any closer than 60+ miles

They say money can't buy you happiness...but money buys car audio...and car audio makes me happy.

The man makes the money, the money shouldn't make the man.

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4D

Pioneer AVH-2400BT (Double DIN Conversion)

(2) Skar VVX-12 D4

Crescendo BC2000D

(2) MB Quart 4.125

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5 Components

Infinity Reference 6032cf (4)

Infinity Reference 6432cf (2)

48 sq ft. Damplifier

Big 3 in 0G

Optima YellowTop D75 under the Hood

XS Power D1200 in the rear

2 Full runs 1/0

R.I.P.

1993 Cadillac Deville Touring 4D

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD Headunit

2 Kicker Comp C15's

Lanzar HTG257 2000W (For now)

2 Pioneer TS-G1344R Coaxials

2 Sound Ordnance P-35

2 Rockford Fosgate P1694 6X9's

those amps have a issue with the preamp.

Is there a solution to this or anything that will improve it?

They say money can't buy you happiness...but money buys car audio...and car audio makes me happy.

The man makes the money, the money shouldn't make the man.

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4D

Pioneer AVH-2400BT (Double DIN Conversion)

(2) Skar VVX-12 D4

Crescendo BC2000D

(2) MB Quart 4.125

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5 Components

Infinity Reference 6032cf (4)

Infinity Reference 6432cf (2)

48 sq ft. Damplifier

Big 3 in 0G

Optima YellowTop D75 under the Hood

XS Power D1200 in the rear

2 Full runs 1/0

R.I.P.

1993 Cadillac Deville Touring 4D

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD Headunit

2 Kicker Comp C15's

Lanzar HTG257 2000W (For now)

2 Pioneer TS-G1344R Coaxials

2 Sound Ordnance P-35

2 Rockford Fosgate P1694 6X9's

Well I finally got my new system installed last night, and all last night it sounded fine, got the hu up to 27-28 out of 40 and gain remote about 3/4 the way up without any clipping, sounded pretty loud and clean. Didn't change anyfar thing at all and today after school I went to demo for some friends, and got it to only 20 or so and the clipping light started going off on each hit. I turned it down immediately and everything, went and just had the gain a little less than half and tried it again, same thing happened. Irritating as hell. I don't have access to a dd-1, but will be taking it up to a shop soon to get it looked at/tuned. Any idea of what this is? If it helps, the hu is in my signature, and I had the sub level at 0, bass boost off, etc. Subs are wired to 1 ohm, and electrical is a yellow top up front, big 3 in 0g, 2 runs of 0g to the back, xs d1200 in the back. Fused after the front battery and before the second. Also fused the run between the rear battery and amp. Any help is appreciated guys.

EDIT: I had a dur dur dur moment.

I have a crescendo, and My first guess would be that your tuning, the LP is either too low, or too high, the amp may be trying to play too many hz potentially out of your woofer and enclosures tuning area. Once I figured out that my LP was set to low, or high Now on the other hand, you should run a voltage test at your amplifier while its playing full tilt and clipping (just for a moment), you could still be getting some voltage drop which would also cause it to clip out early.

XS-power1.jpg

Alright thanks guys, Ill check those out and be sure to let the guy check it out on sunday. But NEW PROBLEM. Just riding around today, out of no where, this high pitched dog whistle type noise comes over all of my speakers. When I turn the HU off, it goes away, but when I turn it on, no matter the input, it goes bananas. Any idea as to what that may be? I'm getting frustrated that after all that work and money, and it working for a few days everything goes downhill.

In the past when i experienced this problem it was alway due to a shitty ground,

XS-power1.jpg

Well I finally got my new system installed last night, and all last night it sounded fine, got the hu up to 27-28 out of 40 and gain remote about 3/4 the way up without any clipping, sounded pretty loud and clean. Didn't change anyfar thing at all and today after school I went to demo for some friends, and got it to only 20 or so and the clipping light started going off on each hit. I turned it down immediately and everything, went and just had the gain a little less than half and tried it again, same thing happened. Irritating as hell. I don't have access to a dd-1, but will be taking it up to a shop soon to get it looked at/tuned. Any idea of what this is? If it helps, the hu is in my signature, and I had the sub level at 0, bass boost off, etc. Subs are wired to 1 ohm, and electrical is a yellow top up front, big 3 in 0g, 2 runs of 0g to the back, xs d1200 in the back. Fused after the front battery and before the second. Also fused the run between the rear battery and amp. Any help is appreciated guys.

I have a crescendo, and My first guess would be that your tuning, the LP and HP are too are too far apart , so for example, the amp is trying to play too many hz potentially out of your woofer and enclosures tuning area. Once I figured out that my LP was set to low, and my HP was set to high, it made it much harder to clip. Now on the other hand, you should run a voltage test at your amplifier while its playing full tilt and clipping (just for a moment), you could still be getting some voltage drop which would also cause it to clip out early.

How can his hp be too high?

He has a mono amp theirs no hp filter

I have a crescendo, and My first guess would be that your tuning, the LP and HP are too are too far apart , so for example, the amp is trying to play too many hz potentially out of your woofer and enclosures tuning area. Once I figured out that my LP was set to low, and my HP was set to high, it made it much harder to clip. Now on the other hand, you should run a voltage test at your amplifier while its playing full tilt and clipping (just for a moment), you could still be getting some voltage drop which would also cause it to clip out early.

LOL im so hungover,

I will rephrase that, when I had the LP too low it clipped early, and when it was too high it clipped early.

I need to go back to bed

XS-power1.jpg

those amps have a issue with the preamp.

I've never heard that before

x2 idk what this guy is talking about

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

LOL im so hungover,

I will rephrase that, when I had the LP too low it clipped early, and when it was too high it clipped early.

I need to go back to bed

Lol no offense but you do

How can you clip for having it too low?

Archived