Sundown Audio

2013 Hifonics BRZ Line

iwannabeloud

CEA compliant rated to 14.4 volts.. in the real world we have voltage drop to 12 volts.. what will it put out then?

DC, sundown, AQ, fosgate and many others do rated at 12 volts. if you have good electrical you can even get more out of your equipment

Wow.

Funny- If I don't like a brand, then I don't buy it. I don't flame online about it. This surprises me on SMD. - Maybe people buy them because they like them? Maybe people can spend their money where they want to? Maybe people love their car audio hobby, but would rather have a paid off house than crazy bank in amplifiers? I dunno....

I also find it funny how Hifonics is brought up about not being in the lanes anymore (which is not true btw), but a whole smattering of big time names that are worshiped on this forum (I won't mention names because it doesn't matter, does it?) USED to be in the lanes too... and they aren't seen there anymore either... I don't remember "we are gonna' devastate in the lanes" being the true goal of a company's business model. I thought it was to make money? If they can make money the way they are doing it- so be it. Why be mad at them? If you don't like the company or product, then don't buy their stuff. Like I said, don't hate the company. I've never understood brand hate. Like people hating kicker... that being said- I have disliked Kicker salesmen and fanboys before- because if you didn't have kicker then what you have is crap. Seems like it is the other way around when it comes to Hifonics?

All of that being said- I've never had problems out of my Brutus amps. Even after 4 or 5 years (or however old they are) of running them with crap electrical. Call me an informed consumer, but I planned the size of my system, how much wattage my subs would need, looked up some amps and Hifonics fit the requirements. Pretty much that simple. I haven't broken any records, but I don't live to impress others or to have my name down for hitting XXX.X db.

Thanks all. I'm done.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

i'll pee on them. is that what you want to hear?

New nickname, Audiopiss lol

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Wow.

Funny- If I don't like a brand, then I don't buy it. I don't flame online about it. This surprises me on SMD. - Maybe people buy them because they like them? Maybe people can spend their money where they want to? Maybe people love their car audio hobby, but would rather have a paid off house than crazy bank in amplifiers? I dunno....

I also find it funny how Hifonics is brought up about not being in the lanes anymore (which is not true btw), but a whole smattering of big time names that are worshiped on this forum (I won't mention names because it doesn't matter, does it?) USED to be in the lanes too... and they aren't seen there anymore either... I don't remember "we are gonna' devastate in the lanes" being the true goal of a company's business model. I thought it was to make money? If they can make money the way they are doing it- so be it. Why be mad at them? If you don't like the company or product, then don't buy their stuff. Like I said, don't hate the company. I've never understood brand hate. Like people hating kicker... that being said- I have disliked Kicker salesmen and fanboys before- because if you didn't have kicker then what you have is crap. Seems like it is the other way around when it comes to Hifonics?

All of that being said- I've never had problems out of my Brutus amps. Even after 4 or 5 years (or however old they are) of running them with crap electrical. Call me an informed consumer, but I planned the size of my system, how much wattage my subs would need, looked up some amps and Hifonics fit the requirements. Pretty much that simple. I haven't broken any records, but I don't live to impress others or to have my name down for hitting XXX.X db.

Thanks all. I'm done.

It's been mentioned a few times in this thread already that the older Brutus amps were good. Also you just posted in what has rapidly become a Hifonics troll thread, I mean, we already dragged Audiopipe into this one too...

I'm gonna hate

i had bought an old bx1605d (not even the bxi series. that showed up in 06) from a (now banned) member from here who goes by the name treossi. he said he used to beat the shit out of it, dropping volts, half/quarter ohm, putting it into protect tons of times (came right back out he said too). worked flawlessly for me, up until the day i blew it up. i forgot how i managed to do that honestly. maybe it was just fatigued from having such a hard life. or vibration, i dont know.

I have disliked Kicker salesmen and fanboys before- because if you didn't have kicker then what you have is crap. Seems like it is the other way around when it comes to Hifonics?

Ok first of all, if you replaced kicker with any enthusiast brand (DC, DD, sundown, Fi, SSA, AQ, AB, etc, etc) then that makes sense.

Comparing kicker fanboys to hifonics haters is ridiculous.

Kicker is known as "quality" for un-informed consumers.

That's all I see on craigslist. Kicker this, CVR that. "$200 for my 2 150w rms 12's in a shitty prefab box". $300 for 2 325w rms kickers in a box at frys...

I don't know where kicker got all it's fame from, but I've only known one person with kicker and everyone into car audio I've met ran quality stuff. not best buy or walmart tier like kicker is now.

The fact that hifonics doesn't do rated at 12v as mentioned above is one reason to bash hifonics. Another is that they are made by the company who makes the crunch brand (which is pure shit beyond the shadow of a doubt)

Gimmicks such as LED lights, CHROME, metal trim for looks are NOT WHAT MAKES A GOOD AMP. You don't see ANY enthusiast brands using that sort of bullshit, do you?

Not only that, but kicker stuff is WAY too over priced. $300-$500 for the 750w rms @ 2 ohm amp? which is only 2 ohm stable, lol. it's ridiculous. But people still buy it cause they don't know what's out there.

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

CEA compliant rated to 14.4 volts.. in the real world we have voltage drop to 12 volts.. what will it put out then?

DC, sundown, AQ, fosgate and many others do rated at 12 volts. if you have good electrical you can even get more out of your equipment

it's funny you say that, I guarantee you that more than 50% of people on this site that run competition name brands have never clamped rated power out of their amps, unless their wired at .5 or below or have an insane electrical with literally no voltage drop, if you have to wire at .5 or below to get rated power out of your DC, AQ, Crescendo, Sundown amp, I don't really consider that rated power since they are rated at 1 ohm, not .5. I really don't understand all the huss and fuss about this company, can you afford DC, Sundown, AQ, etc? good for you, you run hifonics because you can't afford to run competition level equipment? then good for you also, it's kinda sad to see a bunch of grown ass men trash talking a company for actually being successful or bashing other peoples installs simply because they run name brand equipment.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

i had bought an old bx1605d (not even the bxi series. that showed up in 06) from a (now banned) member from here who goes by the name treossi. he said he used to beat the shit out of it, dropping volts, half/quarter ohm, putting it into protect tons of times (came right back out he said too). worked flawlessly for me, up until the day i blew it up. i forgot how i managed to do that honestly. maybe it was just fatigued from having such a hard life. or vibration, i dont know.

Kranny, I have a 1605d sitting in the box. It is used, but I still even have the window sticker and plastic- bass knob, cable and zip tie for the cable. I did like the look of those amps. Just a big hunk of aluminum.

I've tried to put it on eBay, but I just can't make myself do it. Too many fond memories. lol

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

kicker amps are actually quite good. yeah ill agree that the prices are a little outrageous, but they are reliable and do more than rated.

it's funny you say that, I guarantee you that more than 50% of people on this site that run competition name brands have never clamped rated power out of their amps, unless their wired at .5 or below or have an insane electrical with literally no voltage drop, if you have to wire at .5 or below to get rated power out of your DC, AQ, Crescendo, Sundown amp, I don't really consider that rated power since they are rated at 1 ohm, not .5. I really don't understand all the huss and fuss about this company, can you afford DC, Sundown, AQ, etc? good for you, you run hifonics because you can't afford to run competition level equipment? then good for you also, it's kinda sad to see a bunch of grown ass men trash talking a company for actually being successful or bashing other peoples installs simply because they run name brand equipment.

now now, you have to take into account impedance rise. wiring to .5 helps eliminate (most) of that.

Archived