Sundown Audio

2013 Hifonics BRZ Line

iwannabeloud

i had bought an old bx1605d (not even the bxi series. that showed up in 06) from a (now banned) member from here who goes by the name treossi. he said he used to beat the shit out of it, dropping volts, half/quarter ohm, putting it into protect tons of times (came right back out he said too). worked flawlessly for me, up until the day i blew it up. i forgot how i managed to do that honestly. maybe it was just fatigued from having such a hard life. or vibration, i dont know.

Kranny, I have a 1605d sitting in the box. It is used, but I still even have the window sticker and plastic- bass knob, cable and zip tie for the cable. I did like the look of those amps. Just a big hunk of aluminum.

I've tried to put it on eBay, but I just can't make myself do it. Too many fond memories. lol

haha i understand that. it looked great to me too. simple and clean, the way it should be. the light up hifonics logo was a bit much for my taste, but shit i'd buy another one of those in a heartbeat if i ever needed it.

what do you typically see? DD, DC, AQ, AB, and a few more. these are the real brands of today.

every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy. the ones i listed above have captured the real basshead market.

I don't want to get in a feud with you

But like you said in a different thread when the guy said where have yOu been to not know what's a dd-1 and you said their only a few thousands of people that now and their billions of humans

But the basshead community is really small and hifonics is not just a basshead company like the brands you mention

im not really grasping what you're trying to say with the basshead thing. can you elaborate please?

The brands you mention are underground companies that are based on the competing community

They (I think) are a mainstream brand targeting different people

Like I said before I don't want to get in a feud with you

Cause I'm sure you'll wim

CEA compliant rated to 14.4 volts.. in the real world we have voltage drop to 12 volts.. what will it put out then?

DC, sundown, AQ, fosgate and many others do rated at 12 volts. if you have good electrical you can even get more out of your equipment

it's funny you say that, I guarantee you that more than 50% of people on this site that run competition name brands have never clamped rated power out of their amps, unless their wired at .5 or below or have an insane electrical with literally no voltage drop, if you have to wire at .5 or below to get rated power out of your DC, AQ, Crescendo, Sundown amp, I don't really consider that rated power since they are rated at 1 ohm, not .5. I really don't understand all the huss and fuss about this company, can you afford DC, Sundown, AQ, etc? good for you, you run hifonics because you can't afford to run competition level equipment? then good for you also, it's kinda sad to see a bunch of grown ass men trash talking a company for actually being successful or bashing other peoples installs simply because they run name brand equipment.

Nobody is ever gonna clamp rated power from most any amp wired at a nominal impedance within rated spec. Present any of those amps you listed with a true 1-ohm load (call it faking it for rating or whatever you like) and they will, I think that's the point, right?

I'm gonna hate

CEA compliant rated to 14.4 volts.. in the real world we have voltage drop to 12 volts.. what will it put out then?

DC, sundown, AQ, fosgate and many others do rated at 12 volts. if you have good electrical you can even get more out of your equipment

it's funny you say that, I guarantee you that more than 50% of people on this site that run competition name brands have never clamped rated power out of their amps, unless their wired at .5 or below or have an insane electrical with literally no voltage drop, if you have to wire at .5 or below to get rated power out of your DC, AQ, Crescendo, Sundown amp, I don't really consider that rated power since they are rated at 1 ohm, not .5. I really don't understand all the huss and fuss about this company, can you afford DC, Sundown, AQ, etc? good for you, you run hifonics because you can't afford to run competition level equipment? then good for you also, it's kinda sad to see a bunch of grown ass men trash talking a company for actually being successful or bashing other peoples installs simply because they run name brand equipment.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34507_Hifonics-HFI1000.1D-HFI-1000.1D.html

1000w rms for $124 shipped.

I'm not going to fucking gamble at which hifonics amps actually do rated. I don't know about anyone else.

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Wow.

Funny- If I don't like a brand, then I don't buy it. I don't flame online about it. This surprises me on SMD. - Maybe people buy them because they like them? Maybe people can spend their money where they want to? Maybe people love their car audio hobby, but would rather have a paid off house than crazy bank in amplifiers? I dunno....

I also find it funny how Hifonics is brought up about not being in the lanes anymore (which is not true btw), but a whole smattering of big time names that are worshiped on this forum (I won't mention names because it doesn't matter, does it?) USED to be in the lanes too... and they aren't seen there anymore either... I don't remember "we are gonna' devastate in the lanes" being the true goal of a company's business model. I thought it was to make money? If they can make money the way they are doing it- so be it. Why be mad at them? If you don't like the company or product, then don't buy their stuff. Like I said, don't hate the company. I've never understood brand hate. Like people hating kicker... that being said- I have disliked Kicker salesmen and fanboys before- because if you didn't have kicker then what you have is crap. Seems like it is the other way around when it comes to Hifonics?

All of that being said- I've never had problems out of my Brutus amps. Even after 4 or 5 years (or however old they are) of running them with crap electrical. Call me an informed consumer, but I planned the size of my system, how much wattage my subs would need, looked up some amps and Hifonics fit the requirements. Pretty much that simple. I haven't broken any records, but I don't live to impress others or to have my name down for hitting XXX.X db.

Thanks all. I'm done.

Excellent post and should be stickied for future access lol joking.

Ive had hifonics from brutus brz and others and done a couple of setups where they honestly came out happy with the outcome.

Same with the "supposed" crappy audiopipe amps where one references one bad experience with "all" ap sucks when i iave had about 3 amp setups ive done with the ap series where it honestly banged just as well as the hifonics and aq amps ive had before. Its all about the budget of a customer and installing things right like box choice etc..

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

im not hating on the brand im just saying they lie to the consumer.. a BRZ is rated 2400 watts at 14.4 volts. you would be lucky to get 1700 out of it at full tilt with voltage dropping to 13.5 or even harder at 12 v..

sundown saz1200 v3 does well over 1700 at 12 volts and even better at 14.4 volts. now lets find out if the brutus is really a budget amp

sundown saz1200 v3 doing 1700 watts at 12 volts = $340

BRZ 2400 rated 2400 at 14.4 volts lucky if you get 1800 at 12 volts = $389

not so much of a budget amp anymore is it.. still not flaming the amp or brand just stating how the amp is really not cheap like people think

I have disliked Kicker salesmen and fanboys before- because if you didn't have kicker then what you have is crap. Seems like it is the other way around when it comes to Hifonics?

Ok first of all, if you replaced kicker with any enthusiast brand (DC, DD, sundown, Fi, SSA, AQ, AB, etc, etc) then that makes sense.

Comparing kicker fanboys to hifonics haters is ridiculous.

Kicker is known as "quality" for un-informed consumers.

That's all I see on craigslist. Kicker this, CVR that. "$200 for my 2 150w rms 12's in a shitty prefab box". $300 for 2 325w rms kickers in a box at frys...

I don't know where kicker got all it's fame from, but I've only known one person with kicker and everyone into car audio I've met ran quality stuff. not best buy or walmart tier like kicker is now.

The fact that hifonics doesn't do rated at 12v as mentioned above is one reason to bash hifonics. Another is that they are made by the company who makes the crunch brand (which is pure shit beyond the shadow of a doubt)

Gimmicks such as LED lights, CHROME, metal trim for looks are NOT WHAT MAKES A GOOD AMP. You don't see ANY enthusiast brands using that sort of bullshit, do you?

Not only that, but kicker stuff is WAY too over priced. $300-$500 for the 750w rms @ 2 ohm amp? which is only 2 ohm stable, lol. it's ridiculous. But people still buy it cause they don't know what's out there.

I'm only running a Kicker cause I got it for dirt cheap lol, though wouldn't buy the amps, overpriced, and I like my amps at least 1 ohm stable as well, and I would pick Hifonics over Kicker due to price, but for the price of Kicker, I would buy higher quality products like AQ, Crescendo, DC, etc

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

The brands you mention are underground companies that are based on the competing community

They (I think) are a mainstream brand targeting different people

Like I said before I don't want to get in a feud with you

Cause I'm sure you'll wim

LOL i just like arguing. i wouldn't go as far as saying that underground companies are intended for the competitors market, but i'd be more inclined to say that they are designed and built to take daily abuse for long periods of time through a no-bullshit mindset. no-bullshit meaning that there aren't any stupid large magnet covers that make the motor seem larger than it is, or dumb terminology like "diaming encrusted spiders" to lure ignorant customers in. i dont know how to put it in words exactly...

in my opinion, i think that some mainstream companies like to prey on the ignorant customer by giving false ratings and whatnot. having their products sold in store displays that see upwards of 10k people a day, helps them generate massive amounts of income as well.

But the basshead community is really small and hifonics is not just a basshead company like the brands you mention

That may be true, but one thing to note is that potential bass heads will be mislead into thinking hifonics is worth buying.

By not selling DC or DD or sundown at best buy or frys, consumers and possible bass heads are simply being sold crap because they don't know what else is out there

If you define a bass head by using the typical enthusiast brands, then my point above is even more validated.

I'm sure a lot of people who buy hifonics because it's in the store are only buying it because that's what they think is the best they can get. It's "in the store and I can get a warranty on it, why don't they sell that "DC or sundown whatever in the store?????"

That vvme sub you like is inferior to this

And your Dissing it cause it sucks lol

And they don't put this brands on the store cause their not mainstream and even if they were they would put the lower class in their stores cause people like you would still buy it

And you can't say you won't cause you already did with that vvme sub

any of the amps will do rated if it stays at 1 ohm..

if you ever seen clamp test from dc and sundown they do well over rated at 1.02 ohms at 12 volts..

and im not talking shit about hifonics just stating facts of how it really isnt a budget amp

Archived