2012 charger alt?

hey guys, im gonna be throwing either a crescendo 2k or a dc 2k at about 2 ohms in the car for awhile. do you think it would be more beneficial for me to get a 270 amp alt first or a secondary battery. big 3 will be done and my stock alt is either 160 or 180. ill be upgrading everything eventually, just trying to see what yall think would be best first.

im thinking a d3100 or maybe waiting for the new line to come out and get a d4900,

A d3100 would be nice or the new d7500 is the bigger one they are coming out with. I think that might be overkill for what you are running but id rather have overkill and have no voltage drop.

I dont know what your stock alt runs at, but mine is 150amp stock no extra battery, and the maximum I can clamp off of it is about 2100 watts, hope that helps.

And that being said, when I was doing about 1600w RMS from past experience, the second battery eliminates light dim, and I ran like that for years with no big 3, or beefed up alt, never had a problem,

now Im running a bc3500, and the most I can do so far is 2100w RMS on the stock 150amp, but with proper power should be doing 4k, but for the time being, no extra battery or big 3, which would make all the difference in the world. I simply do not have enough power for the amp, I will take care of it, but I unexpectedly have to replace an engine in a luxury car first, talk about fucking shit up.

XS-power1.jpg

Archived