Second Skin Audio

those familiar with RE AUDIO and Sundown! please help!

That's a standard price to have a box for two 12's built. Try talking to Dustin @ DL Designz about it. Mine was $225 shipped to my door from Oregon to Florida.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Its a little price in my opinion.

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

That's a standard price to have a box for two 12's built. Try talking to Dustin @ DL Designz about it. Mine was $225 shipped to my door from Oregon to Florida.

It depends were you live, Were i live its around 150 if you know the right person. Its cheaper if you do it yourself and if you have the right tools

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

And Joe, i just started looking into the fi x and ssd subs this evening and may go for one those

I Just got a single fi ssd 12 probably a couple months ago (no upgrades) and so far I love it. Its hard to tell how great it's going to be right now because I have it in a friends old sealed mtx box (making a box this weekend) and its only on approx. 550 rms. As soon as i get it in the new box I"m wiring my aq 1200d. down to one ohm to see what the sub can really do!

As for the original topic- Get a box that's custom made for your sub and car. If you don't mind spending $250 on a box you can go up to your shop and get one made but personally, I would ask for someone to make you plans or buy plans from Dave the box guy or Hexi base. After you get the plans you just need about $50 for the mdf and other supplies.

Actually I have been working with architecture programs and used Torres to figure out dimensions and what not and my god this is so much easier than I thought haha. Built up the design in sketch up and looks great, only problem is due to the small trunk opening I have the box can only be up to 37.5 in wide. The length of my current prefab box is 17.5 and height is 14 and I can just barely squeeze in one more inch for height which gives me 37.5x17.5x15 and after tuning the port to 33 hz, calculating in displacement of subs and bracing and a lot of time playing with port widths and lengths, I Mac out at about 3.5 cubes total :( and FI SSD recommends 1.8-2.5 so would that be bad? I was gunning for 2 cubes apiece but looks like that isn't going to work :-/

Okay thank you, and sorry you had to tell me the same thing several times, I was hell bent on getting new woofers and afterwards doing the box but I'm going to just go ahead and make it and throw the SEXs in there until I get the SSDs. Going for the cooling option but should I get the flat wound coil and internal lead? I have no idea what they even do, but it'd be an extra $90 total for both (45 per sub), do I need it?

Archived