Can You Wire Components To Same Channel Amp=2 Ohm Load

I have a Mb Quart Component set, the QSC 210, they are rated 70 Watts RMS at 4 ohm. Can i basically wire them in parallel on the same channel (obviously) creating a two ohm load. this would save me from using two channels.

Or maybe i am confused, and that is is a 4 ohm load with both crossovers wired in parallel?

My amp puts 100 W per channel at 4 ohms

and

150 W at 2 ohm

Either way is good for me, but can i wire the component set in parallel, i know some SQ will be lost in exchange, but it would really allow me to

Baylor University

Accounting

all 4 speakers 2 1 channel on an amp that doesnt make really any more power by wireing it like that,

wht would you even want to run them on 1 channel considering you only get 10 watts over rms that way and 30 the correct way.

as well as having a whole come set on 1 channel of an amp GL with processing

do not do, there are a few reason.

1. unless you have two SETS then wireing them to one channel will give you only a left or right signal making the music sound horible

2. if the amp only have one channel with a load on in and the othr channel just sitting there, it can cause amp damage

3. you actualy get MORE power with 2 x 4ohm then with 2 x 2ohm. If you wire one channel to each side of the compoents they will get 100 watts, thats over power by 30 watts. If wires at 2 ohms parelle on one channel thats only 150 watts, only 5 watts above power, so you would have to set the gains heigher anywaay

so basicaly unless you have a totol of 4 woofers, tweets and crossovers, dont do it

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

i think i understand the question more now...

you are asking if you can power both left side and ride side of the car off one channel... no

and accordman, this isnt ghetto, this is how you hook up multiple comp sets like whats going into chicken's caddy on the t15k, using parallel-series wiring

kbreudi, how does that cause amp damage

- if you have a 4 channel and only use 2 channel, nothing is going to happen

TeamSundown-sig.jpg