The Yukon's Old Setup

What's up guys, ya'll will be getting to know me very on here, I'm Houston Thompson down here in the GA. And this was my old Kicker Setup that I had that got me a legal 150.2 back in it's prime, very proud of the old gurls. But it's time to upgrade. And me and Meade's been talking and he's got me hooked on FI now, can't give any details yet, but I'm not in the planning stage. So be looking for that. But back to the topic at hand. The 1999 GMC Yukon.

post-7-1163256390.jpg

100_2008.jpg_thumb

post-7-1163256393.jpg

100_1943.jpg_thumb

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609

Aight on to the old setup, the interior of this car was shit when I built it, which was when these pictures were took. Since then the carpet has been taking out and washed lookes 100% better. But new interior full interior will be going in here late next year, $15,000 project you're looking at here. Aight but the system contained two 2004 L7 15" DVC 4 ohm / one Kicker KX1200.1 wire @ 1 ohm which was modded with higher fan speed and some other work they did to it tested @ 1750 RMS when it cam back from the old 1346 RMS. / Two RedTops / 4 gauge and 0/1 gauge runs / KX450.2 / four Apline Type S 6.5" / wired with 12 gauge wire. The box was built for max full range since we all know Kicker's aren't the best for SQ, so we tried to help them out, big box little ports but yet tuned @ 28 hz. 12 cubes tuned @ 28 hz per chamber with two inch ports. Which keep the L7's compressed give/take them have the abilty to play highers notes while still dropping from hell and back on the lows. SPL=Kickers / SQ&SPL=FI. I hit a 152.3 with last years mic, but meade wanted me to get retested and came out with a 150.2, but by then the subs were so old and played out that there was no more tightness.

post-7-1163258125.jpg

100_1670.jpg_thumb

post-7-1163258128.jpg

100_1671.jpg_thumb

post-7-1163258130.jpg

100_1959.jpg_thumb

post-7-1163258132.jpg

100_1701.jpg_thumb

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609

I'll give you guys a little hint, I'll be going from 1750 watts to over 10,000 watts. And well over 40" of surface area. But I still got some planning to do. And finish saving.

I'll give you guys a little hint, I'll be going from 1750 watts to over 10,000 watts. And well over 40" of surface area. But I still got some planning to do. And finish saving.

That's cool...I'm upgrading from 2,500rms to I don't know how many watts yet...I hope it's loud in the end :D

What are you running in there know,and what car setup?

Well let's just say I got tired of people telling my two 15" L7s were loud and I wanted some thing louder...much louder....Some thing when I take to the local comps and people see the blue expedition pulling up they're like "ahh shit no competition today in SPL" :D Loudest here so far is 162db on the AC so where talking around 154 on the TL.

I'm looking for about that range, 155.3 is the goal, and I think I can do it, I'm going to be making two or three boxes just for testing. My setup's going to be alot like Meade's with a few newer style things. So we'll see how it turns out. My Yukon has a very low res Hz, and that's going to come in handy.

Well let's just say I got tired of people telling my two 15" L7s were loud and I wanted some thing louder...much louder....Some thing when I take to the local comps and people see the blue expedition pulling up they're like "ahh shit no competition today in SPL" :D Loudest here so far is 162db on the AC so where talking around 154 on the TL.

Whats your rms? My coils on my 12 l7s get hot and smell funky and kick my amp into protect.........................................

Oh yeah they some bad boys for sure, mine only had 875RMS, and I could be heard 2 miles away, no where near moving to full X-mas. But they damn sure quaked by in the day. When they were first put in, I couldn't hardly breathe, no one around could really take it, they always had their hands over their ears, I was pride though. I mite just buy to more till my big stuff comes, and start doing demo's again. I use to love scaring people. It was loud that's for damn sure.

Archived