Head Unit Produces no SOUND!!!

So i recently purchased a used vehicle. Came with a cheap HU in it.

Owner said it had been working for a few days then just went out on him, I thought ha maybe just a cheap head unit gone bad.

Removed the radio only to find the shop he took it to, hack jobbed the wires so no wiring harness just good ole wire splicing. Not a bad splice job but still. I dont like that personally like splicing directly to vehicle wires, makes it harder to wire the radios harness and what not.

So me not thinking much of it just spliced my new radios harness to the wires already in place... Well the radio wasnt new it came out of my malibu its a JVC KD-BT1 but when i pulled it, it was working great.

Once i wired it still no sound from speakers, so i pulled the front channel wires from the splice bundle and hooked up the radio directly to a new speaker and nothing...

What do you guys think is it time to say goodbye to the old KD BT-1 or is there a chance it is still functional?????

let me know what you guys think here, i have the cash for a new deck but really need to tint the windows first...

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

Try resetting the head unit

how would i do that just unplug power wires?? or unplug battery??

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

Archived