Fast And The Furious Casting Call!

I can't take credit for the poster. Someone else made it.

Now, I'm curious, since everyone seems to have their own definition of "ricer",

Ricer or No?

first 2 no, ill say yes on the black one, ick on the green one, and lmao on the cast away one

Edited by bibby

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

I can't take credit for the poster. Someone else made it.

Now, I'm curious, since everyone seems to have their own definition of "ricer",

Ricer or No?

i would consider any 120 hp import with a coffee can exhaust.. neons... and no power or decent turbo under the hood a RICER!

now the guys who put alot of work into the engine with at least 225 hp who can back their shit up... who puts shit on for performace not looks or sound is a non ricer.

thats just how i see it

Edited by bibby

first 2 no, ill say yes on the black one, ick on the green one, and lmao on the cast away one

This explanation makes very little sense to me. Everyone has the right to their opinion, but I just don't understand this one. The pretty much understand what the other posts opinions were. So help me out here,

First, the black 99 Eclipse (manufactured/built in Illinois).

I suppose that you are calling the black car a ricer because it is modified? It did 394whp and 401 ft/lb of torque on the dyno on pump gas. The exterior is stock except for the wheels, the badges/emblems are removed and yes, the muffler. The exhaust needed to be as open as possible so it has 3" mandrel bent from the turbo back. In attempt to quiet it down, the least restrictive muffler possible was installed. Oh, and the intercooler, you can see that from the front. I don't know how one would hide an intercooler that size and it is necessary when you run high boost levels. I fail to see what is "ricer" about it. What makes it qualify?

Then the green one, a numbered series dodge charger daytona RT with a completely stock exterior, stock interior except for the added amp and subs (there are two neon lights for the subs). Stock "Hemi" except for a upgraded intake. What makes this one win?

Then the two side by side in the driveway. An eagle talon and a mitsubishi eclipse. Both manufactured in Illinois. They are modded, although not to the level of the black eclipse yet. I've only had the talon for a month and it is more of a resurrection project at the moment. The grey eclipse has only been mine for two weeks so it doesn't have a bunch done to it yet. Why don't they qualify when the others do?

What about the yellow Nissan? Why doesn't it fit ricer? It is really the only imported vehicle of that group. It is modded as well. It has a bunch of exterior mods, bright colors, wheels, etc.

Again, we all have the rights to our opinion, I just don't understand what your reequirements are to make a car a "ricer".

BJJ20logo20resize.png

IMO a ricer is basically anything made in Japan... the terminoligy just got all fucked up by the "know it all generation" in the auto industry we refer to them as imports, off shore, or metric vehicles!

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

My shop is sending a couple cars to be in the movie. Currently the cars are on the DUB tour so hopefully that will work out for us.

^x2 on what Burrito said. Originally that term ricer=imports then it got turned into a bad thing. For me i consider a ricer a car with go fast looks but no performance mods to back it up.

Edited by talentfinder36

Mark

99 Eclipse Spyder

I can agree with what you are saying about looking fast and not being fast. Its kind of like telling someone you know karate (kung-fu, judo, aikido, are trained to be a cage fighter :ph34r: , etc.) when you don't. You have nothing to back it up with.

BJJ20logo20resize.png