Second Skin Audio

Question on sub to box ratio

Afficionado

If i have a maximum of 10-12 cubic feet to work with, and my goal is to move as much air as possible, would it be smarter to use 1 18, or 2 18's?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

If i have a maximum of 10-12 cubic feet to work with, and my goal is to move as much air as possible, would it be smarter to use 1 18, or 2 18's?

The Sundown ZV3 18s need 4 cubic feet each.

i see, another thing i'm asking is if one 18 with plenty of room will move more or less air than 2 18's with less than optimal room.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

i see, another thing i'm asking is if one 18 with plenty of room will move more or less air than 2 18's with less than optimal room.

A tight box often results in loss of low end and lost efficiency so increased power needs.

Why not consider 2 15's?

30% more cone area than a single 18.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Why not consider 2 15's?

30% more cone area than a single 18.

well, i am still completely in the planning stages. My goal is a hair trick, i'm not all that interested in the db's i can throw up. 2x 18's would put me closer to that than 2 15's, right?

1 18 isnt gonna move more air than 2 18s 9/10 times

A tight box often results in loss of low end and lost efficiency so increased power needs.

ahh, thanks for this.

Whats ur electrical system like? Cause of you could do 2 18 or even 2 15 on 2500-3000 im sure you could pull off a pretty good hairtrick. You would need the electrical system to back it up though

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

I have the big 3 done on a stock alternator. Will be doing 2x D3100's in the trunk. I'm planning on running a T1500 on each 18 if i do decide to go with 2x.

Archived