Weechaz Posted January 17, 2013 Report Posted January 17, 2013 I'm in autos and metals class in high school and I need some ideas for projects @therealweechaz
SnowDrifter Posted January 17, 2013 Report Posted January 17, 2013 Is there anything in particular you like doing? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Weechaz Posted January 17, 2013 Author Report Posted January 17, 2013 Just general car audio and skateboarding @therealweechaz
Trey_Dog650 Posted January 17, 2013 Report Posted January 17, 2013 Could make some buss bars or terminals 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
Weechaz Posted January 17, 2013 Author Report Posted January 17, 2013 I'm in the process of making a distribution block @therealweechaz
Chris Hammer Posted January 17, 2013 Report Posted January 17, 2013 Make your own skateboard? Use the metal class to weld up and make a jig that can be used to press the wood while glued/resined and forcing it to curve and have contour. I did a few longobards and still ride one thats a little over 5ft long. I used wood to build a curved bottom and top part for a jig then used my truck to press it by driving up on to the jig. A metal one with a few bottle jacks or bolts downt he sides would be cool. Just an idea lol. I used canadian maple veneer and can't remember exactly how many layers plus tried a fiberglass layer as the core once...it was all fun experimenting and could do any shaping you wanted to it. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Weechaz Posted January 17, 2013 Author Report Posted January 17, 2013 That's a good idea, my teacher said we could mess with fiberglass @therealweechaz
Chris Hammer Posted January 17, 2013 Report Posted January 17, 2013 That's a good idea, my teacher said we could mess with fiberglass A simple one would be square tubing with bolts down either side maybe every 3-5 inches and just build two halfs that have matching curves. Place however many layers you want plus resin or glue and fiberglass if you plan on it..and get the mold tightened before anythign starts to cure..you should try to use stuff with longer setup times to make it easier. The 5ft board I use was made from veneer and tightbond 3 LOL...and its so flexy its fun with some of the widest trucks I could find and some big wheels it hauls ass downhill too..I use to be into longboards and carving the biggest hills I could find. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.