Second Skin Audio

so the lows arnt that crazy??

Beanz

so would bracing my box help out with the lows?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

If it flexes, yes.

What are your box specs, amp, and subs? As well as a bit of info about your install?

And where in WA are you?

gross is about 15.65 cubs with the port and subs all in is about 11 or so amp is a cresendo 3500D and subs are audioque hdc 18s and yes it flexes a bit lol im trying to find some all thread that is like 4 feet long

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

No this is in the back hatch of my lincoln..I should have built a wall with this big ass box lol

Still need the specs on the box.

Tuning?

What subs?

What amp?

How much port area and what are the dimensions of said port?

How far is the port from your hatch?

How many layers is the box?

Tuning? 36 hz

What subs? Audioque HDC 3s

What amp? Cresendo 3500

How much port area and what are the dimensions of said port? 178.25 and the port is 15.5 H X 11.5W X 22 L

How far is the port from your hatch?port is pretty close about 2-3 inches

How many layers is the box? All single layed except the baffle which is two layers

So pretty much is a big ass box

Couple things:

Having the box so close to your hatch will stifle the port. And you are tuned to 36hz, so don't expect crazy lows either. Although I will say that we all have different standards of low too. I'm a bit skewed in that sense since 38hz sounds like a high note to me lol

But if the whole thing is single layer with that big of a box, bracing would definitely help. Put a penny or something on different spots of your box and see if it hops around at all. Put your head against the sides - the top of your head or your forehead. You will notice any vibration or flex that way

Yeah i know 36 isnt too low but i mean like songs around like 34 or maybe like 30s arnt too loud its more of shaking the hell outta my car rather than feeling that pressure..its not like im trying to get them 20s but i would like those notes to be a bit louder

And cant really move the box back as much since it takes up all the space in the back sadly

Archived