Help with Viper 5704 alarm/remote start

Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time posting.

I have a 2004 Crown Vic LX Sport that I just got back yesterday from having a new Viper 2-Way 5704 alarm and remote start installed.

Im having a few problems with it though...

1. I thought a "shock sensor" was supposed to detect hits to the car/shaking etc? I gave the car a few good shakes/ bumps and hard thuds with no alarm or warning chirp at all.

2. I locked/armed the system, while sitting in the car. I opened the door without unarming/unlocking, and no alarm went off! What the F*** is up with that? As it sits right now, somebody could bust a window open, reach in, unlock the door, and open it without setting off the alarm.

The only way I could set the alarm off was physically hitting the shock sensor itself, and turning the key on when the system was armed.

Driving home today, it randomly started going off while I was driving. No clue why or how, but that was quite embarassing.

3. I found instructions to make the sensor more sensitive by going to the remote's menu and selecting the "Sensor Adjust" setting. No matter what I do, locked/unlocked/doors open/closed etc, I cant select that. It gives me a tone a second later like if I tried to start it out of range. I found a phillips head adjuster knob on the sensor, but upon some research, people are saying DO NOT touch that.

Im just a little frustrated seeing videos online of people bumping their door or even tire, and getting a warning chirp from this system, whereas mine is not protecting the car at all unless someone turns the key they wont have.

Any tips or suggestions? Thanks a TON in advance!

2006 Ford Explorer XLT

Yeah take it back ti where youbpaid to have the work done and speak to they manager. You paid for a service you did not get

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Well you paid for it. Its warrantied. You mess with it its not warrantied. Call the shop first explain how you're not unhappy. See what the manager says. Bottom line you didn't get what you paid for

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Nothing else u could do about it just take it back because once u start messing with it.. U could make it worse, they might not cover it if they find out u were messing with it.. Only they know what they did or didn't do in the install

Shitty fuckin install.

The fact they they dont even test it is retarded.

You must wait 45sec after you arm it then open a door or "impact" the car.

Shaking is not covered. Its called a impact sensor because it monitors impacts.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Get it fixed then write a shitty review.

You now know who the hack shop in your town is.

This is why people spend good money with quality shops.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Yeah im gonna give them a call tomorrow.

Ill try the door again after waiting, I wasnt aware of that feature.

Ive actually heard nothing bad about them, I know numerous friends/coworkers who've gotten remote starts and alarms installed. Its Car Stereo One, if you're from Ohio or MI, you've probably heard a million of their annoying ass commercials on the radio, lol.

Thanks for the tips.

OH! One more thing I forgot to add in the OP- The system is supposed to show me on the fob, the interior temp of the car. It does not. I set that to the default screen when I start it (Rather than the countdown til it shuts off), and it still shows the countdown. Am I doing something wrong, or is this another thing they fucked up/didnt setup correctly?

2006 Ford Explorer XLT

Yeah im gonna give them a call tomorrow.

Ill try the door again after waiting, I wasnt aware of that feature.

Ive actually heard nothing bad about them, I know numerous friends/coworkers who've gotten remote starts and alarms installed. Its Car Stereo One, if you're from Ohio or MI, you've probably heard a million of their annoying ass commercials on the radio, lol.

Thanks for the tips.

OH! One more thing I forgot to add in the OP- The system is supposed to show me on the fob, the interior temp of the car. It does not. I set that to the default screen when I start it (Rather than the countdown til it shuts off), and it still shows the countdown. Am I doing something wrong, or is this another thing they fucked up/didnt setup correctly?

Everything should work the way its supposed to and if It doesn't its either u don't know how to work it or the shop who installed it installed it wrong and if any feature isn't compatible with ur car they should've told u... ^^^ Ray is right that's why some people spend a little more to get it done right the first time

• 2 weeks later...

the shock sensor arms after about a minute and the alarm shoould arm after a minute depending on if they used a domelight delay which its on a ford with the open door circuits which is a complete bitch to interface with (8 diodes, 4 resistors, and triple checking the bands are the right way or you boom boom the bcm). if thats not the case then they didnt hook up to anything which means they are either lazy or inexperienced.

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

Archived