Sonic Electronix

sound dampening for the trunk

I just got the regular damplifier b-stock 32 sq ft for $85 and it looks great,thicker than the Dynamat Xtreme that's already in my truck.

Expanded foam !

that's kind of ghetto isn't it? lol

I used expanding foam between my trunk lid and it worked fine.

Sound deadening is fun too I suppose:

IMG_0601.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

I don't recommend Fat Mat. It only lasted me a year or so and started to fall off when the season changed. If I remember correctly, I had to peel them all off to apply a new deadener.

image026-1.jpg

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

that's pretty clean moh.vze.com,I like how you did the back seat too.. I thought you did the entire trunk with spray foam but just the trunk lid would work besides nobody will see it with the pad on it.

SS is the way to go but I've also heard good things about the audio technix also. Dyanmat is ok but way overpriced and the stinger dampening is pretty good and you can find it for decent prices also if you look.

i have a mitsubishi lancer. and i like the expanded foam idea for the trunk lid since there are so many thin metal open cavities. i will probably foam up the cavities then put some deadner over it

and do i need a heat gun for applying damplifier?

damn $20 for shipping? their $5 expedited shipping thing is very deceiving... i assumed $4.99 expedited shipping was meaning $5 for shipping, not $5 extra and they will ship your order without fuc*king around for a couple weeks. a good company should ship their orders out right away without making customers pay more for it. i see that as a sign of a company with bad service. i almost don't want want to buy from them now... i hate companies with poor service that don't care about the customer(precisely why i wont buy from onlinecarstereo.com).

i have a mitsubishi lancer. and i like the expanded foam idea for the trunk lid since there are so many thin metal open cavities. i will probably foam up the cavities then put some deadner over it

and do i need a heat gun for applying damplifier?

no you don't need a heat gun unless it's really cold where you're at. A hair dryer would be good enough if you don't have a heat gun though

Archived