dbKilla Posted January 22, 2013 Report Posted January 22, 2013 I've been researching budget components under $200 for weeks and have narrowed it down to 3 choices: 1). Image Dynamics CTX65CS (http://www.google.co....41248874,d.eWU) 2). JBL MS-62C (http://www.google.co....41248874,d.eWU) 3). JBL P660C (http://www.google.co....41248874,d.eWU) (I was also looking at the Crescendo Mezzo 6.5 but since they're so new I haven't been able to find any reviews yet) I've read great reviews for all 3 but I've never heard either set in person. A lot of people seem to like the ID's saying they sound good, have good mid bass and output. From my understanding the MS components sound REALLY good also and may have the edge on SQ and imaging, and go as far as saying this set cannot be beat in their price range. And last the 660 series are supposed to sound really good also and have excellent output with very low distortion, if any, and also is the cheapest of the 3. I don't have a lot of power on tap. I will be using an MBQuart ONX4.60 to push one of these sets and will bridge it if necessary. One of these sets will be going in a Mazda RX8 running through the oem headunit and an Audiocontrol LC2I. I will use the rear bose amp for my rear fill ( which are Infinity Kappa 6x9's) if I end up bridging the MBQuart. I do know the P660's are 2ohm and have the highest efficiency of the 3. I'm just wanting a good balance between SPL and SQ with good imaging. Right now I don't have a sub hooked up but I do have 2 Sundown SA-10D4's for a later install which I may end up using 1 of them to fill in the lows. If anyone has heard all 3 sets and can give me a solid opinion, that would be greatly appreciated! I'm not asking which set is better but considering I won't have any eq options and will be running with their passive crossovers, which set do you think will offer me best what I'm looking for with what I have to work with? Thanks very much in advance!!
Skullz Posted January 22, 2013 Report Posted January 22, 2013 The p660c's are great speakers but if your going to bridge the amp it removes it from your selection. Depending on how new the ID's are from the factory after the new ownership you might want to go with the jbl's instead, jbl makes really nice sounding speakers that take abuse. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
dbKilla Posted January 22, 2013 Author Report Posted January 22, 2013 I was curious about the new ownership of ID as well being that Powerbass took them over. I appreciate your opinion! I've read awesome reviews for the P660's and am honestly leaning toward them. I've only been able to get my hands on 1 review from a guy that has owned both the 660's and now with the MS series. According to him, he feels the MS series are better in all aspects. But as much as I've read on the 660's, those seem to sound just as good and can get hella loud with no breakup, and like you said...can also take some serious abuse, not to mention are the cheapest.
zack_e89 Posted January 22, 2013 Report Posted January 22, 2013 I haven't heard those JBL's but I like my ID's. 97 Suburban 8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's
Skullz Posted January 22, 2013 Report Posted January 22, 2013 -The p660c's are awesome power takers without a doubt, so i would have no doubt that the ms 62's will perform the same or even better. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
dbKilla Posted January 22, 2013 Author Report Posted January 22, 2013 -The p660c's are awesome power takers without a doubt, so i would have no doubt that the ms 62's will perform the same or even better. So from your experience would you say the 660's are an all around good setup with good mid bass? What about the tweets, are they more mellow or on the bright side?
Skullz Posted January 22, 2013 Report Posted January 22, 2013 I have mine off axis and with a -6db setting on them and feel like that is perfect, they are not harsh or bright with a 0db setting but are just too damn loud and over power the mids. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
UMGixxer Posted January 22, 2013 Report Posted January 22, 2013 I took Skullz advice and bought a set of the jbl p660c a few weeks ago and they are great, I got them see about 100rms on average and they sound amazing. Got mine set at 0db and love it, but i also have the tweets in the dash.
dbKilla Posted January 22, 2013 Author Report Posted January 22, 2013 I have mine off axis and with a -6db setting on them and feel like that is perfect, they are not harsh or bright with a 0db setting but are just too damn loud and over power the mids. JBL P660's it is! Thanks Skullz for the helpful insight! I will try those same settings once I pull the trigger and get them in.
dbKilla Posted January 22, 2013 Author Report Posted January 22, 2013 I took Skullz advice and bought a set of the jbl p660c a few weeks ago and they are great, I got them see about 100rms on average and they sound amazing I appreciate you chiming in! I'm pulling the trigger on these RIGHT NOW
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.