Jump to content

JBL and Image Dynamics component opinion???


dbKilla

Recommended Posts

Posted

If the 4 channel doesn't work out i would look into an old school amp like the PPI PC class of amps, like the PC2150 or the PC2600, they are basically the same amp made in different years but have the same exact specs.

The cost to go old school is maybe a tad more than new but they have proven themselves over the years, and the quality is far better than most anything you'll buy in that price range.

Just an example here. http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRECISION-POWER-PPI-OS-PC2150-600WRMS-SQ-AMPS-CUSTOM-/321047757391?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item4abff0024f

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

also, whichever set you end up with could still sound like SHYT if you don't install properly.... Focus on placement, ease of install and then decide on budget to see what works.... You might not have to skills or room to have either set installed well enough or if you don't deaden the locations of installation you might suffer from negative results.... Just sayin

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Posted

also, whichever set you end up with could still sound like SHYT if you don't install properly.... Focus on placement, ease of install and then decide on budget to see what works.... You might not have to skills or room to have either set installed well enough or if you don't deaden the locations of installation you might suffer from negative results.... Just sayin

Stock the doors are sealed pretty darn good in the RX8 to accomidate the Bose 9" driver. After I gut the doors from all the Bose equipment I'm going to apply deadener all inside from top to bottom then coat the outer panel as well and seal off any places that are open and serving no purpose. I have to apply an adapter to convert the big hole down to a 6.5" then I will work with tweeter angle after I get it all in and running but most certainly will use the stock Bose pillar in the upper corner of the door above the woofer. I would much prefer to run active with a Dayton RS180 or RS225 considering the doors already accomidate a large driver but I just don't have the funds right now to go that route. After I get the components in and setup to the best of my knowledge, then I will venture to drop one of my Sudown SA-10's in the back but now I will have to buy another mono amp since I recently sold my PPI BK1800.1d. I will update the install as it unfolds. Thanks guys for all your input and advise!!

Btw...have either of you heard about or have any experience with B2 Audio? Yesterday I stumbled across a set of components made by them and they look beefy as hell!! I can't find any real solid reviews on them due to them being mainly a European based market right now but I did find a company here in the states that is carrying their line. What info I did manage to get on these, they're saying they play hella low, they get very loud and sound very clean doing it. They're also supposed to be rated very conservatively. Check 'em out and try not to drool too much when you notice how cheap they are! B2 Audio es6.1 components ------> http://www.google.co....41248874,d.eWU

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 962 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...