well i would imagine so. subs are meant to only move in a perfectly linear movement with as little resistance as possible. so no, would not think it would be good to do that.

That mid at your ear has to be loud,why didnt you just do a blow through?

it kinda kills the resale value if you have a hole in the back wall lol

That mid at your ear has to be loud,why didnt you just do a blow through?

he probably didnt wanna cut up the cab.

otherwise awesome install havent seen anything like this looks great and very creative

Install and workmanship is great not going to deny that,was just curious if that was ever a plan. Yea there is no resale but most who do aren't going to trade there cars in lol

2012 Mod2 State Champ

2012 DB2 State Champ

2013 Mod1 State Champ

2013 DB1 State Champ

yeah i offered him the option of doing a blowthrough right off the bat, but he didnt want to kill the resale value. and he was getting a toolbox put in also. so i went with designing everything to be in the cab. it came down to doing 2 15s on an aq3500, or 4 12s on the aq2200. and since the 4 12s were a bit more cone area, and he already had enough electrical for the 2200, we decided to stick with that, since upgrading the alt and adding more batteries easily adds up to over 1k. its still possible in the future if he wants to upgrade power to add a second 2200 on the 4 12s if he wants, we just have to put the amp in the toolbox considering there is no room inside the cab anymore lol.

and btw the mids aernt playing yet. we still need to get the aq120.4 and the second pair of 8s to go in the doors, and the ft1 tweeters. i had a set laying around that i tossed in there because i didnt want it to be an empty hole for now. being on stock mids and highs on radio power sucks lol.

yeah i offered him the option of doing a blowthrough right off the bat, but he didnt want to kill the resale value. and he was getting a toolbox put in also. so i went with designing everything to be in the cab. it came down to doing 2 15s on an aq3500, or 4 12s on the aq2200. and since the 4 12s were a bit more cone area, and he already had enough electrical for the 2200, we decided to stick with that, since upgrading the alt and adding more batteries easily adds up to over 1k. its still possible in the future if he wants to upgrade power to add a second 2200 on the 4 12s if he wants, we just have to put the amp in the toolbox considering there is no room inside the cab anymore lol.

and btw the mids aernt playing yet. we still need to get the aq120.4 and the second pair of 8s to go in the doors, and the ft1 tweeters. i had a set laying around that i tossed in there because i didnt want it to be an empty hole for now. being on stock mids and highs on radio power sucks lol.

Yea once you get into batteries and alts can add up quick. i'm tuned in waiting for some vids

2012 Mod2 State Champ

2012 DB2 State Champ

2013 Mod1 State Champ

2013 DB1 State Champ

Archived