Second Skin Audio

dual sa-15 enclosure help

Mike Howard

I walled my truck and installed the 2 sa-15's. the box i made is 6.5cf and found that the port is tuned at 38hertz.. I am thinking of redoing the port to between 28-30 hertz, friend suggested it would help make my lows stronger. I am currently playing 24hertz pretty nice. my questions are:

1. box size of 6.5cf big enough for these 2?

2. tuning low 28-30hertz will help my lows more?

system info as I know someone will ask:

power accustik flipout dvd deck

brutus brz2400.1 running at 1 ohm

big 3 three done

working in a ho alt and more batteries. my voltage runs between 12-13 volts when running the system. thanks for any help.

that is after displacements. i dont remember the port area, my buddy figured that out over the phone for me.

box is 42 wide X 17 deep X 18 tall ( inside demensions) port is 18 tall X 4 wide X 13.5 deep.

I am going to say it was around 11" port per cf.

With those numbers I'm coming up with this, gross 7.438 cuft, net 6.525 cuft with 11.41 cuin of port are per cuft. Thats just figuring in woofer displacment not sure what you have for bracing? I would recommend 14-17 sqin of port area per cuft with the SA's and tune it 30-35 Hz.

no bracing has been done to it. made this box mainly to try out a vented box. I have a 4th order box built already, wasnt to impressed with it the first time so wanted to change it a little but wanted tunes still in the truck.. now that i have more power it might be good to try the 4th order again?

am rambling on here.. I can make this box bigger to allow for bracing and get it ported down some.

that is after displacements. i dont remember the port area, my buddy figured that out over the phone for me.

box is 42 wide X 17 deep X 18 tall ( inside demensions) port is 18 tall X 4 wide X 13.5 deep.

Your port height can't be the same as the box height so it is 16.5 for single layer 0.75 wood, now if your port is 13.5 deep then that port is choked. your box specs would be 5.07 cubes [email protected] (if the port was not choked). Your box should be 7 cubes@34-35Hz to perform nice.

Your port height can't be the same as the box height so it is 16.5 for single layer 0.75 wood, now if your port is 13.5 deep then that port is choked. your box specs would be 5.07 cubes [email protected] (if the port was not choked). Your box should be 7 cubes@34-35Hz to perform nice.

Those are internal specs so the .75 wood thickness for each side would make the total box bigger.

Is'nt rambling what forum's are all about? lol 4th orders are nice for output but very tricky to get correct!

So true. I am sure in time I will test it out again. Am told they get louder and are more efficient but power hungry.

Nah, 30-35Hz is the best frequency all round, judging by average that is. but then again, you are tuning to your ear. Lows will hit great around 35Hz.

thats what my box is going to be tuned too. i have 2 SA-12's

2003 Honda Element

Pioneer DEH-9400BT

Big 3

XS Power D5100

Sky High CCA (2 Runs 1/0 Gauge)

2 XS Power D3100s

1 DC Audio 3.5k @ 1ohm.

2 DC Level 4's w/ XL Softies

Custom Box tuned to 29hz

CT Sounds 125.4

2 Sets of CT sounds Meso Components