Sundown Audio

Well ive hooked them up and played them on the amp for less than a month. The amp was tuned using a DD-1 on the SQ track. One of the 15s blew up and has a burnt voice coil. No voltage drop, no clipping, no bass boost. Im very shocked. Very disappointed with the customer service i am receiving on it as well. The voice coil should not have burnt up sharing 600w of clean power. Making me pay for shipping to sundown, paying for the recone, and shipping return. All i asked for was a warranty repair. Apparently they dont warranty subs that manufacture defect.

Pioneer DEH-9400

Kicker door Speakers

Rockford R400.4

Skar 1500.1

2 DC lvl 2 15s

Yeah. You arent supposed to set the gain with that track. It was not a factory defect. Coils don't cook by accident. Next time, reset the gain using one of the 40hz tracks, and enjoy problem free performance.

1999 Ford ExplorerTeam Sundown Audio4th 2012 Db Drag WF Street Stock 150.8dbYoutube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/user/BoomyurblownOperation 156 No wall Build Log!http://www.stevemead...x/#entry2196123

Yeah. You arent supposed to set the gain with that track. It was not a factory defect. Coils don't cook by accident. Next time, reset the gain using one of the 40hz tracks, and enjoy problem free performance.

track 3 is the sq track for ur sub amp. It has the gain slightly lower than the +-0db track which is number 5. So my gains were fine.

Pioneer DEH-9400

Kicker door Speakers

Rockford R400.4

Skar 1500.1

2 DC lvl 2 15s

Well sundown is the ones that said the coils were burnt, but when i looked at the coil myself before i sent it to them, it was still a perfect copper color. Just frayed nd separated. Nothing looked burnt or smelled at all.

Pioneer DEH-9400

Kicker door Speakers

Rockford R400.4

Skar 1500.1

2 DC lvl 2 15s

track 3 is the sq track for ur sub amp. It has the gain slightly lower than the +-0db track which is number 5. So my gains were fine.

"sq" tone is the 0db tone which track 1

Track 5 is the -10db which that is the "spl/loud" tone

So you use the dd-1 wrong most likely you were clipping the whole time

User error