Sundown Audio

As stated in the DD-1 owners manual....

"Setting the gain of a subwoofer amplifier"

(Track 3 will ensure maximum sound quality, track 7 will result in a louder system, track 5 is a compromise)

Pioneer DEH-9400

Kicker door Speakers

Rockford R400.4

Skar 1500.1

2 DC lvl 2 15s

Yeah. You arent supposed to set the gain with that track. It was not a factory defect. Coils don't cook by accident. Next time, reset the gain using one of the 40hz tracks, and enjoy problem free performance.

track 3 is the sq track for ur sub amp. It has the gain slightly lower than the +-0db track which is number 5. So my gains were fine.

"sq" tone is the 0db tone which track 1

Track 5 is the -10db which that is the "spl/loud" tone

So you use the dd-1 wrong most likely you were clipping the whole time

User error

Track 1 is setting ur max volume of the headunit.

Track 3 is max sound quality

Track 5 is compromise of SQ and SPL

Track 7 is Max SPL

Pioneer DEH-9400

Kicker door Speakers

Rockford R400.4

Skar 1500.1

2 DC lvl 2 15s

that's all bullshit, but so be it.lol. if you're making an spl setup, you should only use track one. as frequency tones you burp with are recorded at 0db as well. but that's besides the point. it was likely a combination of slight distortion, song choice, etc.

1999 Ford ExplorerTeam Sundown Audio4th 2012 Db Drag WF Street Stock 150.8dbYoutube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/user/BoomyurblownOperation 156 No wall Build Log!http://www.stevemead...x/#entry2196123

You can set your gains all peachy, but if your box has an error in design, you're screwed. what are the dimensions of your box OP?

I'm not saying.for sure, as there are many unknowns here. Im just curious how your setup is to pinpoint what happened.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

The box is 42 wide x 16 tall x 24 deep. Its rougly 6.5 - 6.6 cuft tuned to 34 hz. The box was designed by RAMdesigns and built by me. I dont listen to alot of low deep bass. No decaf, nothing that makes these bottom out. Subsonic was set to 36.

Pioneer DEH-9400

Kicker door Speakers

Rockford R400.4

Skar 1500.1

2 DC lvl 2 15s

that's all bullshit, but so be it.lol. if you're making an spl setup, you should only use track one. as frequency tones you burp with are recorded at 0db as well. but that's besides the point. it was likely a combination of slight distortion, song choice, etc.

My setup wasnt for spl, i had my gain turned down a hair from where it was dd1'ed using the SQ track so i wouldnt have to worry about over powering or distorting at all.

Pioneer DEH-9400

Kicker door Speakers

Rockford R400.4

Skar 1500.1

2 DC lvl 2 15s