Sundown Audio

Why does my amp do this?

One Way

Idk crazy, should be good at 2 ohm on each chan. I would put that amp in a friends car and see if it does that. Or put a different amp in your car to see if you still have the same problem. That way you can rule out HU, wires, and so on...

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

Your deck goes up to 35 and you play it at 35?..... I'm thinking you got some distortion action which is just clipping away....

Maybe try setting your gains correctly and see what that does for you - maybe find a DD1 and see where your head unit distorts

I do have a dd1 lol that's how I tuned everything. And even so I lowered the amp gain a few clicks

Well, maybe set the amps with the DD1 while the head unit is at a more favorable volume - maybe 26 or so - just to see.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Your deck goes up to 35 and you play it at 35?..... I'm thinking you got some distortion action which is just clipping away....

Maybe try setting your gains correctly and see what that does for you - maybe find a DD1 and see where your head unit distorts

I do have a dd1 lol that's how I tuned everything. And even so I lowered the amp gain a few clicks

That was a double post - just throwing out no cost ideas....

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Well I'm not trying to avoid the problem, I want to find out if anything could be wrong with my amp or if its something else.

The only thing I have done differently since I got new components was switching it to full range. Before that when I had my old speakers I had it only on high pass.

Can switching to full range from high pass effect the amp in any way. I mean I've had the high pass set for about two years and only switched it to full range when I got new speakers and the problem began.

I find it hard to believe that you have a deck that doesnt clip at 35/35 volume. I think you need to retune your stup starting with the deck and use -5db track. Follw the DD1 directions exactly. and see if the problem continues. Oh, and when you play dont increase your volume past where its set with DD1.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

I find it hard to believe that you have a deck that doesnt clip at 35/35 volume. I think you need to retune your stup starting with the deck and use -5db track. Follw the DD1 directions exactly. and see if the problem continues. Oh, and when you play dont increase your volume past where its set with DD1.

Why is it hard to believe? These keywoods show no distortion all the way up to 35. I did use the -5 track to set it up....but, I will retune it after I get home from school just to be safe.

Archived