remote start/brake pedal issue...

I just got a remote start on my wife's car installed the other day. It worked fine for a day or two but now the brake pedal is like all the way to the floor and when taking off like from a light, the car doesn't want to move.. Its a Clifford 1.2.. I looked under the dash and it looks like they added a switch to shut the engine off when u depress the brake but I thought u just wired that part to the brake light. Is this how you suppose to do it or is it suppose to go to the light??.

Aren't remote starts "disabled" when the car is driving? I know I've had 2 different ones and each one, once you insert the key and depress the brake, the remote start shuts off and it just goes off the key in the ignition. So not going when you're stopped at a light? That sounds more like something else.

Does it happen only when you do the remote start? Like say you or your wife don't use the remote start at all, just get in and start it like normal, does it still do it then? Or is it only when you first started it with the remote start?

Sheena = pedobear

Aren't remote starts "disabled" when the car is driving? I know I've had 2 different ones and each one, once you insert the key and depress the brake, the remote start shuts off and it just goes off the key in the ignition. So not going when you're stopped at a light? That sounds more like something else.

Does it happen only when you do the remote start? Like say you or your wife don't use the remote start at all, just get in and start it like normal, does it still do it then? Or is it only when you first started it with the remote start?

No, everything works as it should. Its just a switch that the brake is connected to so when u depress the brake, the car shuts off like its suppose to do. You know, the safety feature that it has when u remote start it. But while my wife is driving, the switch seems like it is depressing the brake somehow, causing the brakes to be to the floor. Ive heard that remote starts should be connected to the "break light". But ive never seen this switch installed. Is this normal? It looks like a push button thingy..

what kind of car is it? and normally all you do it tag the brake light wire at the factory brake pedal switch.no need to add any kind of after market switch!!

Its an 03' Park Avenue and I believe the installer fugged up my factory brake pedal switch. Its going back tomorrow!!! Thanks guys. I thought I could fix it but since they fugged it up, ill let them deal with it!

Probably nothing to do with the RS install.

Do not assume that they "fugged it up"

A tag is done at the "brake" switch.

Worth a drive there, just to have them double check.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

i have a viper 5702, and with the remote start, i know you'll have to put the key in ignition and turn to on. and then press brake to turn remote start off

*Hummer H3*

HeadUnit

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

Mids and Highs

8-CT Sounds Pro 8" 8ohm

4-CT Sounds Pro Tweeters

Amplifiers

1-CT Sounds 125.4

1-CT Sounds 60.4

1-CT Sounds 7000.1

Electrical

3-Runs of 1/0 CT Sounds

8-XS Power D3100

3-Iraggi 300 amp Alternators

Subwoofers

4-SQ Hdc3 15" Subwoofers

(Soon to be 4 15" Ct Sounds EXO)

i have a viper 5702, and with the remote start, i know you'll have to put the key in ignition and turn to on. and then press brake to turn remote start off.

was it installed professionally?

*Hummer H3*

HeadUnit

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

Mids and Highs

8-CT Sounds Pro 8" 8ohm

4-CT Sounds Pro Tweeters

Amplifiers

1-CT Sounds 125.4

1-CT Sounds 60.4

1-CT Sounds 7000.1

Electrical

3-Runs of 1/0 CT Sounds

8-XS Power D3100

3-Iraggi 300 amp Alternators

Subwoofers

4-SQ Hdc3 15" Subwoofers

(Soon to be 4 15" Ct Sounds EXO)

Probably nothing to do with the RS install.

Do not assume that they "fugged it up"

A tag is done at the "brake" switch.

Worth a drive there, just to have them double check.

Yea it was DEFINATELY from the RS install. The guy moved the brake switch too far forward and it was causing the brake to be damn near the floor. Dont know why he had to mess with the switch except to wire the brake wire. But its fixed and yes, it was done at an alarm shop! Rookies!! Lol.

Archived