Second Skin Audio

What 2 12s for 2400 watts? (1200 ea)

Okay so I have 2 12" RE audio SE-X 12s at the moment and i know they wont be able to handle 2400 watts.

The amp is a Brutus BRZ 2400.

I'm looking to find out what two 12s will do well with this amp. It is my daily driver and I would like to use the amp to its full potential often.

I have been thinking a lot about the Sundown SA12s however they are 600 rms and even with so many people saying they will take that power with no problem, i dont want to take the risk and have $400 invested into 2 paperweights. I am looking for some good SPL when cranked up but also good DQ when its turned down when the GF is in the car and when I have others that dont prefer to feel their bodies vibrating. looking to put into a ported enclosure and will be going into a 2010 Malibu. (Box will be made to specs of speakers of choice)

-Thanks in advance for your responses!

ALSO the budget isn't necessarily firm but i do like the 194.99 apiece for the SA12s, however might be willing to invest up to 550 or so.

You could look into the Fi Audio X or SSD Fully Loaded, they can take 2400 rms

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Fi is not all SPL. They have different woofers to meet different needs. I have my pair of SA's hooked up to 2.5k. Not really suggested unless you absolutely know what you're doing. Hmm.... I'd say DC Level 3's or American Bass XFL's.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Fi is all SPL isnt it? not good SQL? and the ZVXs look nice but when i said 550 i meant in total, not apiece, lol! but thank you for the suggestion, just dont have quite THAT much to spend on subs =P

Okay thats just a completley wrong statement. Fi has GREAT SQL especially the Q. Obviously you've never heard a Fi woofer...... As for your question.... Your not gonna get any cheaper than those SA's thats as good as they are. You get what you pay for

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

Sorry double post slow site

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

Fi is all SPL isnt it? not good SQL? and the ZVXs look nice but when i said 550 i meant in total, not apiece, lol! but thank you for the suggestion, just dont have quite THAT much to spend on subs =P

All4spl's got a pair for sale for 600+shipping. Granted they're 43lbs a peice..

Honestly forget all this SQL/SPL/SQ stuff. These days, woofers are built very similarly. Especially with brands like DC/AQ/AA/Fi/Sundown.

Chances are, it's not going to be a life or death difference in sound between most of your options when put into the right enclosure.

If you're concerned about that, it's more the tuning of your ported enclosure that will make a dramatic difference.

Also, you should be fine with the SA line of subwoofers. Yes, they are slightly underrated but the main thing to keep in mind is music is dynamic. This means that when the frequencies vary, so does the amount of power the amp is giving out. I would bet a large sum of money that at a 1 ohm nominal load your amp will never see that actual impedance.

All in all, by the subs which fit your budget best and keep a keen noise and eye.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw